Chapter 16

After a short while, Terra came in with some sandwiches. "Milady, are you hungry?" "Yes, thank you, Terra." I took a sandwich and ate it with Terra sitting beside me. "So tell me milady, how was it with the southern dragons?"

I looked at her and sighed, and I told her about being a prisoner to Prince Shadow. "Oh, that's terrible milady!" "It wasn't all bad. That's how I met Leaf." She smiled, "Oh yeah, he seems nice." "He is. He was my only friend there."

She hugged me saying, "Well, you don't have to worry now, you're back home, safe and sound. Just need to get that restraint off." "Yeah." I finished eating and got up saying, "Well, I need to go, still got to catch up with everyone, I'll see you later Terra." "Ok, milady."

I met Flame in the hallway, and we got to talking. I told him about my 'visit'. We talked and laughed, we were always good friends. He teased me about the faint marks on my neck leftover from Shadow. My face turned red and I left out of embarrassment, not wanting to listen to him anymore.

I went to the throne room, where my father was. I ran over and hugged him, "I'm so glad you came for me." He smiled, hugging me back, "Of course Crystal, I missed you everyday." "Me too." "And when Sparks told me about your relationship, I couldn't let you stay there."

I blushed, "I'm sorry for keeping it a secret. I just didn't think you'd allow it." "Well, I may not have in the past, but now, I just want you to be happy." "Thank you, father." "And don't worry, we'll get that restraint off, I promise." I smiled and nodded.

"I need to go now father, I told Sparks I'd meet up with him later." He smiled, "Ah, young love, that takes me back. We'll have to talk more later." "Ok, talk to you then." I waved and left, heading to the garden.

It was already dark out, the moon and stars filled the night sky. I saw Sparks sitting on my favorite bench. I walked over to him and sat beside him, "Sparks." "Crystal." We both smiled, he wrapped an arm around me and I leaned against him. He then gave me a serious look and asked, "Did Prince Shadow hurt you?"

"No, he didn't hurt me, but..." "But what?" He examined my face and asked, "What did he do to you?" I couldn't answer, tears welled up in my eyes at the thought of Shadow kissing me. Sparks noticed and closely examined my face, then my neck, where he saw the faint bite marks.

He looked a little angry, "Shadow did this to you?" I nodded and my tears fell, "I couldn't stop him, I couldn't fight back. I was terrified of what he would do to me." He held me as I cried into his chest. "Shh, it's alright, your with me now, and I won't let anyone hurt you."

He wiped my tears away and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back. When we parted, he pressed his forehead against mine and looked into my eyes. "I love you, Crystal, so much." "I love you too, Sparks, I never want to leave you again." "You won't have to, especially since we don't have to hide our love anymore."

I giggled, "Yeah, since my father is allowing it now." He chuckled, "Good thing I told him right?" "I'm glad you told him, and I'm glad to be back with you." I kissed him, and we spent awhile talking and exchanging kisses under the stars.

Leaf's p.o.v.

I followed Sparks outside to a beautiful garden, where I hid, staying out of sight. There were plants everywhere, but my attention was on Crystal when she arrived. I watched as she sat down with him and they cuddled and talked. When I saw them kiss, my heart sank. I was filled with sadness, the girl I grew fond of, loved another. I've got to tell her how I feel, even if I'm rejected, I need to get it off my chest. I soon left them and went straight to my room to think.

Back to Crystal

I yawned as I leaned against Sparks, causing him to chuckle, "Getting tired?" "Yeah, a little." He kissed my forehead, "Just rest, I'm not going anywhere." My eyes fluttered shut, and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep. This was the first time I've been able to sleep peacefully in days, knowing that Sparks was watching over me.