Chapter 21

A few weeks later

Everything had pretty much gone back to normal. All of the kingdoms were now at peace. Shadow ruled his kingdom alone, he was no longer concerned with war after his mother's death. I woke up one morning to Terra bursting into my room and jumping up and down. "Milady, you have to get up!" She was clearly in a rush for some unknown reason. "Slow down, Terra. Why are you so excited?"

She looked at me, grinning, and said, "You'll just have to find out." She picked out a pretty, blue dress from my wardrobe and practically threw it at me. I sighed, got up, and went to the bathroom and changed. I came out wearing the dress, Terra smiled saying, "You look lovely. Now sit down."

A sat in front of my mirror as Terra brushed my hair. She fixed my hair into a ponytail, tied by a sparkly, blue ribbon. She got my diamond pendant and tied it around my neck. "So, Terra, why so fancy?" She winked at me and said, "I told you, you'll just have to find out. Now come on, let's go to the throne room." I sighed as she grabbed my hand and rushed out, pulling me with her.

When we arrived at the throne room, my father, Sparks, and Flame were all there. Terra went over to Flame, whispering something to him, and he nodded in return. My father burst out, "There's my lucky little girl!" Flame turned toward him saying, "Your majesty!" He gave Flame an apologetic look, "Of course, forgive me for that outburst." I felt like I was the only one in the dark about what was going on.

Suddenly, Sparks approached me, smiling. He held his arm out to me, asking, "Crystal, would you accompany me to the garden?" I saw everyone behind him smiling and nodding. "Um, alright." I smiled and linked my arm with his. We walked to the garden, and I could've sworn everyone was following us.

We stopped in the middle of the garden, Sparks let go of my arm and turned to face me. "Crystal, we've been together for a long time, and now that everything has gone back to normal, we can finally move on. I love you with all my heart, and I want us to be together forever." My eyes widen as he kneeled down in front of me, pulling a little box out of his pocket.

Inside the box was a beautiful diamond ring. "Crystal, will you marry me?" I gasped, I couldn't contain my excitement, "Yes! Of course I'll marry you!" He got up and I tackled him in a hug and we shared a kiss. Suddenly, Terra, Flame, and my father, along with some other guards, surrounded us and they all congratulated us. My father wiped away a few tears and said, "My little girl's all grown up." We laughed, and returned inside and spent awhile talking and planning for our future together.

For the longest time, I always thought being born into royalty, was a cruel punishment. But after all the things I've been through, I feel more confident about someday ruling this kingdom. I won't be alone, my father, friends, and soon to be husband, will all be there for me, and I know my mother and Leaf will always be watching over me. I can now say, that I'm glad I was born a princess.

The End