Chapter 19

A/N: The pic is Princess Winter in her griffin form.

The next morning, I got up, changed, and ate the breakfast Terra brought me. As I rushed out, Terra yelled, "Good luck out there!" I smiled and nodded to her as I left. I went straight to the throne room, where everyone was waiting.

"Good morning, everyone! I'm ready to go see the griffins!" I smiled brightly, Sparks came over and gave me a quick kiss. My father got up from his throne and led us all outside. My father, Sparks, Flame,and Leaf all changed form, and I climbed onto Sparks' back. "All right! Lets go!" As I yelled out, we all took off and headed west.

After awhile of flying, we neared the Griffin Kingdom. We landed and went inside, everyone changing back to human form. We were greeted by the queen and princess. The griffin queen was the first to speak, "Ah, King Helios, I've been expecting you." My father smiled, "Queen Lilith, it's good to see you again."

The princess approached me saying, "I'm Princess Winter, your Princess Crystal, correct?" I nodded and smiled, "Yes, it's nice to meet you." She smiled back, "Likewise." She then lifted my arm and studied the restraint. She then said, "Come with me, Crystal, I might be able to help you."

I followed her, leaving the others behind. She took me to a room with lots of books and magical items. She sat me down and grabbed a book, skimming through pages. She then closed the book saying, "Ok, I think I know what to do." She grabbed a scepter and came over to me, "This is a magic scepter, with the right incantation, I should be able to unlock that restraint."

I nodded and held out my arm. She lightly touched the restraint with the end of the scepter, muttered a few words, and the scepter glowed. Suddenly, the restraint came off, making my eyes widen. I jumped up saying, "Thank you so much, the griffins really are geniuses!"

She smiled, "Oh, it was nothing really, I just know a lot about magic is all." "Well, I really appreciate it!" We both rushed back to the throne room with me yelling, "It's off, this girl's a genius!" Everyone smiled, I immediately went and tackled Sparks with a hug. He twirled me around, then set me on my feet saying, "That's great news!"

My father then said, "Thank you, if there is ever anything you need, we'll help any way we can." Queen Lilith smiled saying, "It was no problem, we're happy to help." We waved goodbye, then exited the castle. We all changed into dragon form, and took off. It felt good being able to fly on my own again.

Sparks flew next to me and playfully nudged me. I looked at him and nudged him back. As he tried to nudge me again, I swerved and dodged him, giving him a smirk. My father let out a roar ahead of us, causing us to look in surprise. That's when we could see smoke in the distance, and it was coming from our kingdom.