Chapter 1~Our Opinions...

Shuichi's POV:

Why...why did the killing game have to start. We all could've just...accepted staying here and not kill, but...she just had to start it up...and now...two of our classmates are gone. I understand that she wanted to stop the killing game...to get rid of the mastermind, but...an innocent life was taken...she was executed...and we can't bring either of them back. Now...the weight of the killing game is on me. I have to take over where she left off...I have to save everyone...I won't let anyone else's life be taken away...

I hear a knock on the door, snapping me out of my thoughts. It must be Kaito...he's a pretty cool guy...~ We quickly became friends when the killing game started...he's really the only one I hangout with now. I sigh and get out of bed, walking over to my door and opening it.

"Yo Shuichi~! How's it going~? I know you had a difficult time when Kaede was...well you know..." he says as he rubs his neck. I smile half heartedly, "I'm doing okay...~ Let's head over to breakfast." I say as I walk past him. Kaito sighs, knowing that I'm far from okay, "Alrighty..." He says, following me.

Once I open the door to the cafeteria, I see the faces of the remaining students...they all look at me surprised as I step in.

"Oh wow~ You took off your hat!" says the girl with blue hair and glasses, "You look very nice without it~" she says with a smile. I laugh a bit, "Thank you Tsumugi...~" I say, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Atua is pleased to see Shuichi looking more handsome~" the girl with platinum blonde hair and yellow smock says with a laugh. I laugh awkwardly and blush slightly. There goes Angie being embarrassing again...

One by one the other students walk over and complement me, making me feel good, yet awkward. It's not really a big deal...I just took off my hat. Even Kaito talked about how great I looked, though he should've noticed when he first saw me this morning...

Everything was going just fine, until a certain purple haired shorty walked up to me with a grin, "Nishishi~ You finally got rid of that ugly hat~! It's it because that dumb blonde died~ Was it her dying wish~?" he said carelessly with a bright smile.

I roll my eyes and walk away from him. Kokichi Ouma...I don't know why he is the way he is, but he treats everything like it's not a big deal. I was fine with him at first, well somewhat, until Kaede's trial ended...he commented that Kaede got what she deserved for starting the killing game, which really set me off. We got into a pretty bad argument before I left the trial area, though the argument was pointless...since he kept laughing and said he was lying through most of it. Yea, Kokichi is a natural born liar...I don't know why he likes to lie, but I don't really care...I see no point in trying to understand him. He doesn't try to make friends...all he does is insult everyone around him...he's truly a lost cause...

I sigh and sit next to Kaito, starting to eat. As I eat, I watch as Kokichi skips off to the kitchen. He's probably getting a stupid Panta again...I don't get why anyone would ever like that disgusting drink...it's death in a bottle...

Kokichi's POV:

Once I get to the kitchen, out of everyone's view, I sigh. Why did this killing game have to start...why did that idiot blonde have to kill...why...of all people...did it have to be Rantaro!?...That's what I asked myself all last night. I was so pissed off...Rantaro was like a big brother to me...he was the only one who didn't care if I picked on him...maybe he has a lot of siblings or something? That would explain why he was used to it...I don't know...It doesn't matter now. He's gone and it's all her fault! I hate that she was executed, but she should've listened to everyone...no one wanted a killing to happen...especially me. I need to figure out a way to stop this killing game, even if...I have to die...

I walk over to the fridge and grab my favorite drink. Ah Panta~ The best drink in the whole wide world~! I don't think I could live a day without drinking it...~ I skip back to the dining hall, sitting in a chair close to the back. No one ever sits by me...well...except for one person...not that I really care. Getting close to someone...just to end up losing them...it's not worth it...

Of course, like always, that one person who sits by me appears...Gonta. He's really too friendly...he's just asking to be manipulated...which...isn't a bad idea to be honest...~ I could definitely use him to my advantage!

I open my Panta, starting to drink it, "Hiya Gonta~! Find any bugs lately~?" I ask, taking another sip. I personally don't care for bugs, but I know that if I pretend to be interested, Gonta will want to stick by my side.

Gonta looks at me, a dumb smile spreading on his face, "Oh! Gonta find lots of bugs in lab~ No bugs outside...which saddens Gonta..." he says with a slight pout.

I smirk a little, "Hmmmm no bugs outside huh~ Maybe they were all squished~?" I say with a slight laugh. This will be fun~

Gonta widened his eyes, starting to get upset, "S-Squish Bugs!? Who would do that?! Bugs are friends!" he says, freaking out. Hmmm who should I choose...Ooooo I know~ "Shuichi told everyone to squish them~!" I say with a laugh.

Shuichi turns to me and glares, "Quit being a liar...no one would ever believe anything you say..." he says, sounding irritated. I roll my eyes, "Oh Shuichi~ Hiding your true feelings again, just like you did with Kaede~" I say with a smirk. Shuichi stands up, walking towards me. Oooooo~ This is getting exciting~

He grabs me by my shirt, "Shut the fuck up Kokichi! I'm tired of you!" He says with an angry look on his face. Everyone, including me, looks at him shocked. First of all, I've never heard him curse...second...this is definitely a new side of Shuichi I've never seen. He's usually so quiet and reserved...I guess taking off the hat gave him confidence somehow...not that I care!

He irritates me...he forgave Kaede for killing someone! He convicted her, but then he and everyone else forgave her...they tried to save her from getting executed...I don't get it! I would never do something like that! Killing is killing...no one should be forgiven for that. I argued with him about that yesterday...it was fun to see him get mad at me~ I even got to him with my lies...I like lying~ Telling others the truth about yourself is pointless...telling someone your true feelings is pointless...it's easier to lie then to pour your heart out to someone who has never been in your shoes...like Shuichi for example. I'm sure he wouldn't care about what I've been through...I'm sure he wouldn't take time out of his day to spend his free time with me...he would never understand me. He's a lost cause, just like everyone else...

I snap out of it and put back on my mask, "Awwww Shuichi is getting mad again~ How adorable~ We all know that you hated Kaede after yesterday...since she killed someone...~ She betrayed you and everyone else~!" I say with a grin. He looks at me kinda surprised, but goes back to glaring at me. Hehe, this is so great~ I love messing with him~

I was expecting Shuichi to defend her again, but he forcibly lets go...making me fall out of my chair, "Stay away from me...I don't want to see you or deal with your stupid lies...why do you have to be like this?!" he says as he angrily walks away, leaving the cafeteria. I stay on the ground, looking down and balling up my fist in anger. You don't know anything about me...you have no idea.