Chapter 14~When You Gain a Life...You Lose a Life...

Shuichi's POV:

I groan some and lift my head up, rubbing it. Wait...I feel my hair and look at my body. I'm...I'm me again! We switched back~! My happiness was short lived when I remembered the situation Kokichi was in...I look down at him and run my fingers through his hair, "Kokichi...please wake up...you can't die on me..." I say worriedly. After a bit I hear a groan from Kokichi, who sits up some and looks at me, blinking some until he realizes, "S-Shuichi...?" he says, making me release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"The antidote worked...~ Im so glad your okay~" I say with a smile. Kokichi smiles happily with tears running down his face, "Shuichi!" he says as he fully sits up and hugs me tightly, nearly making us fall to the ground. "Kokichi, you have to be careful! Your still hurt!" I say worriedly as I carefully hug him back. Kokichi hugs tighter and lays his head on my chest, "I don't care...your alive...that's all I care about...~" he lifts his head up off my chest, frowning some, "Shuichi...I'm sorry about everything..." he says, making me sigh a bit.

"It's okay Kokichi...~ I'm sorry too...I should've never said those awful things to you..." I say, looking down some. Kokichi smiles and messes with my hair, "Don't be...It's all put behind us now...~" he says with a slight laugh, but then looks down a little with a blush, "...and I just...I wanted to tell you...you were dying when I said it last time, so I wanted to...say it again..." he takes a breath and looks up at me, "Shuichi...I-I-" Realizing what he's gonna say I interrupt him with a soft kiss, smiling some when I pull away, "I know...~ I love you too Kokichi~" I say as I lean my forehead against his, the blush on his face getting more noticeable.

Himiko smiles happily, "You guys are back to normal~!" She says as she wipes away her tears, "Though I wasn't expecting for you two to fall for each other~" We look at her with blushes on our faces, but then look back at each other with a smile. "It looks like...we'll both get out of here together~" I say, making Kokichi nuzzle me some. "As long as I'm with you, I don't care what we do...~" he says, making me laugh a little and pet his hair.

Kaito looks over at us, smiling some, but then starts coughing violently. We look over at him, "Kaito!" Kokichi gets off of me and goes over to him, looking looking him over before frowning some, "Theres...another reason you didn't want it...is there..." he says, making me think to myself. Wait...he didn't drink any?! "Kaito...you...gave the whole antidote to me...?" I asked, making him look down and nod, "Why...why would you do that...? You needed it too..." I say sadly.

Kaito looks at us and shows us his hand that...has blood on it, "I...I've been sick this whole killing game...it's incurable and...I'll be dying soon...that's why I didn't take it..." Kaito says, making me surprised. What...? I...I would've never known...he always looked fine to me...I look over at Kokichi, who's looking down some, "That's why there were days you didn't come workout with us..." he says with a sigh. He looks pretty upset...I guess he did spend way more time with Kaito as me so of course he would be.

Maki kneels down next to Kaito, "Why didn't you say anything...? I knew you would always say you weren't feeling well, but I never thought it was this bad..." she says sadly. Kaito smiles, "I didn't want to worry you guys...~ I didn't want you guys to stop working out just because of me..." he says, coughing some. Maki tears up and glares at me, "This is your fault! If it wasn't for you, I could've-" she's interrupted by Kaito, who speaks up, "There was no point in me having the antidote when I was already dying!" She looks at him shocked, Kaito looking over at me with a smile, "Shuichi...has a whole life to live..." he says as he turns his head towards Kokichi, "and a new love to care for...~"

I blush some and laugh a little, "Yea...I do~" I say, making Kokichi look over at me with a blush. I smile and scoot closer to him, putting my arm around him carefully so I don't hurt his back. He blushes more and leans his head on me, smiling the most genuine smile I've ever seen.

Kokichi's POV:

I'm so happy that I have Shuichi back...~ I thought that...I lost him forever...but he's here...~ And we're back to normal...~ I look back over at Kaito who's...on his last life. I can't believe he gave me the whole antidote to...help Shuichi. I really do owe him a lot...I hate to see him like this. It's honestly kinda weird...we were enemies in the beginning, but then...thanks to the body switch we became friends. I never thought that I would ever be the one to...cry for Kaito...

I snap out of it when I hear him coughing more, my eyes widening some as a large amount of blood comes out, "Kaito...your...getting worse..." I say sadly, making him look over at me. "I know...you guys should get out of here..." Kaito says in a serious tone. Shuichi frowns some, "We can't leave you here Kaito...we have to do something to...to..." he says as he looks down. I sigh some and put my hand on his, "We can't do anything Shuichi..." I say, tearing up some.

Kaito sighs, "All I want you two to do...is live your lives together...~ Do what..." he looks over at Maki, "I know I won't be able to do..." he says with a slight smile. Shuichi and I look at him surprised, while Maki looks at him, blushing and crying, "K-Kaito..." she says as she leans her head on his. Shuichi sighs some, "We should...give them some time alone..." he says, making me look over at him. He's right...he should...spend his last moments with her...since I've known that they had a thing for each other...

I nod sadly, making Shuichi look back at Kaito, "We'll go...we're gonna make it out of here...for you Kaito..." Shuichi says, hugging him, "Goodbye..." Kaito smiles and hugs back, "I'll be watching you two from the stars...~" he says as he lets go, making Shuichi smile some as he stands up. Kaito looks over at me with the same smile, "Take care of Shuichi for me okay...~? He needs you...~" he says, making me nod. "I will Kaito...I promise...~" I say as I try to stand up, falling right back down. Damn it! I can't get up...my back hurts so much...I suddenly feel myself lifted up, looking up to see...Shuichi. I blush and look down some, making him laugh a bit as he turns around to leave.

"Hey Kokichi!" I hear Kaito say, making me look back, "You'll always be my sidekick...~" he says with a brighter smile and a wink. I smile some, tears rolling down my face. I'm...gonna miss you Kaito...I'm glad that...we hug out together...~ I look away and back down, leaning my head on Shuichi's chest as he walks out of the hanger.

After a while I see Maki walk out, her face stained with tears. I guess...he's gone...I start tearing up some, making Shuichi look down at me with a sigh, "He was a good man...and a good friend..." Shuichi says, making me look up at him. He...definitely was...he's one of those guys who...leaves a strong impact on you...who you could never forget...even if you tried...~ I smile a little, wiping my eyes, "Y-Yea...~" I say with a bit of a laugh. Shuichi smiles a little, setting me down on the floor so he could rest.

Once he sits by me, I grab his arm and pull myself over to him so I can sit closer, putting it around me. He looks over and smiles, kissing my forehead. I giggle some and nuzzle up to him happily. I'm glad that we're gonna get out of here together...~ Though...we still need to figure out how we're gonna do that...I look up to see the rest of the survivors walk towards us, except...there's one person missing...and for once...it's not Maki...