Chapter 13~Live for Me...

A/N~Time to break out the tissues...T^T
————————————————
Shuichi's POV:

Maki and I both look at Kaito shocked as he falls to his knees, wincing at the pain in his arm. Why would...he do this for me...? I thought that he hated me...Maki drops her crossbow, stepping away from it, "K-Kaito...why...? I thought you..." she says, feeling a mixture of upset and mad. Kaito looks away, making me very confused. What's...going on...? "Wait here Kaito, I'll go grab the antidote in my room!" She says as she quickly runs off.

I look at Kaito confused, "How come...you did that...?" I ask curiously, making him look over at me. "When you started to cry and mentioned your uncle...I remembered that the...fake Shuichi didn't react when I talked about him. I thought it was strange since...if it was me I'd be upset at the mention of him..." he says, surprising me some. I guess...that would make sense...Kokichi didn't know my uncle and probably had no clue what to say about him.

Kaito looks down some, "I also...didn't mention to anyone about your uncle besides the fake...so I knew it was you..." he looks back up and laughs a tad, "You were also the only one who would ever call me Luminary of the Stars~ The other wouldn't..." he says, making me laugh a bit. I'm glad he finally realized it...~ Though I wish he wouldn't call Kokichi a fake. "I...didn't want to believe that...he was actually you...I'm sorry I shot you..." Kaito says, rubbing his neck with his arm that's not hurt.

I sigh some, "It's fine...~" I say with a smile, then wince some when I feel pain from the arrows. He quickly scoots over to me, "Let's get these arrows out of you..." he says as he puts his hand on one of the arrows. I wince some as he pulls out the one in my arm, putting my hand on the wound, "What about you...? You have an arrow in your arm too..." I ask in a concerned tone, making him look down some. "Don't worry about me, taking out my arrow won't matter...it's more important to get yours out." he says, making me confused. What...does he mean...? Kaito moves behind me and takes out the arrow from my back. I groan at the pain. This one felt way worse then the other...

Once they're out he leans me carefully on the wall. I look at him, "Kaito...what did you mean...when you said-" I'm interrupted by a loud and familiar voice, "SHUICHI!" I look over, seeing my body along with the rest of the group. Kokichi quickly runs to my side, kneeling down next to me and hugging me carefully, "I'm so glad I found you...~" he says, making me smile and hug back, wincing some. Kokichi lets go, laughing a bit, "Sorry...I forgot you arm was hurt" he says, making me laugh some, "It's alri-...wait...how did you know my arm was hurt...?" I ask, feeling confused. Kokichi looks down some, "I'll...tell you later...right now we have to get you out of here before Maki gets back..." he says, motioning Kiibo and Tsumugi to come over.

I look down and sigh some, "You can't..." I say, making Kokichi confused. "What...do you mean...?" he asks, making Kaito speak up. "Maki shot him in the back with one of those poison arrows..." he says, Kokichi's eyes widening. "N-No...Y-You can't die..." he says, tearing up some, "You can't..." I sigh a little and take his hand, making him look at me, "It'll be okay Kokichi...~" I say with a smile. He blushes some, but quickly goes back to being upset, "It...It won't be okay! There's...no antidote..." he says as he looks down some and pulls me a little closer, making me blush some.

"There is one...Maki left to go get it...for me..." Kaito says, making Kokichi look over at him angrily. "It won't go to you! After what you did...shooting him like that...Shuichi deserves it more then you!" he says, making Kaito look down some. "I know..." Kaito says, us both looking at him surprised, "I don't deserve it. After shooting Shuichi and...treating him badly..." he tightens his fists, "I was...so stupid..." I frown some, "Kaito...were both using the antidote...we'll each drink half of the bottle..." I say, making him shake his head. "I don't need it...there's no point in giving it to me..." he says, messing with his hair. Why is...he so calm about this...?

Kokichi's POV:

Kaito is acting weird...why doesn't he want the antidote...? I can tell he's hiding something, but I won't worry about it right now...I look back at Shuichi, who's starting to get weak, "You've got to stay awake Shuichi...hopefully she'll get back soon so we can fix this..." I say, making him squeeze my hand. I blush some, pulling him even closer towards me to where he's laying his head on my shoulder. Kaito looks at us, smiling a bit, "I'm glad you both don't hate each other anymore...~" he says, me glancing over at him. I'm still not happy with him for shooting Shuichi...and just being a part of this whole plan to kill him...well me technically, but yea...

Kaito sighs some, "Kokichi...I'm sorry that...I treated you badly at the beginning of the killing game..." I look over at him a bit surprised, "You know...I had fun working out with you...even though you were acting like Shuichi...thinking back, I did see hints of you in there~" he says with a bit of a laugh. I smile some, "It's okay Kaito...I...enjoyed it too...~" I say, snapping my attention away when I hear Shuichi groan.

I look back at him worriedly, "Come on Shuichi! You can do this...please just...stay awake..." I say as I start to get upset. He sighs and moves our hands to my face, "Kokichi...if...I don't make it out of here...you have to live for me..." Shuichi says, making tears start to flow down my face, "Don't say stuff like that...your...your not gonna die!" I say, as I lean into his hand. I won't let you die...you have to...make it out of here with me.

Shuichi smiles weakly, "If I do...please go and...see my uncle...tell him what all happened here...~" he says making me cry more, "You're strong Kokichi...stronger then you think...~ I know you can get out of here...you...have friends with you now...~" Shuichi says as he looks at the others, who were all crying, "Take care of him for me you guys...~" I turn his head towards me, "I have you too...I...don't want to lose you...I...I can't..." I say, looking down some.

Shuichi laughs a bit, making me look back up, "Why...are you laughing...?" I ask, sounding confused. "This is the most emotion I've seen from you...usually I've seen you emotionless, but...you've finally showed them...~ Not just to me, but to the others...they can see the real you~" Shuichi says, surprising me some. He...he's right. I've always had my emotions bottled up...I've always hidden them, but now...they're all coming out...not the best timing though...

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Maki running back in, the antidote bottle in her hand, "Kaito! I'm back with the-...wait...what's going on...?" she asks, making us all look over at her. "It's Shuichi...he's...dying...." Kiibo says, looking down some. Maki rolls her eyes, "All of you STILL believe that little brat is Shuichi? You guys are idiots..." she says as she tosses the bottle at Kaito, who catches and looks at it.

I look over at Kaito, "Go ahead and drink the first half..." I say as I look back at Shuichi who's leaning his head back, his eyes looking heavy, "Please Shuichi...stay awake..." I say as I go back to holding his hand tightly. Kaito looks at us and then back at the bottle, "Come on Kaito, drink it! Your gonna die if you don't!" Maki says, making him look at her. "Maki roll...Shuichi needs it more then I do..." Kaito says as he gives it to me, making me surprised and confused. "What's wrong with you?! That's not-" Maki is interrupted by Kaito, who continues talking, "Hurry up and give it to him Kokichi...the whole thing..." he says, sounding concerned.

Feeling a bit surprised, I nod and open the bottle, lifting Shuichi's head up some so I can give it to him, setting the empty bottle on the ground once I was finished. I watch and wait to see if he wakes back up, but...he's not. I hold him close, "Please Shuichi...wake up..." I say as I start to cry again, "I'm sorry...I'm sorry that all of this happened...I wish...we never fought. I should've understood and...trusted you...this is...all my fault..." I hear sobs behind me...I even see Kaito crying...

"Shuichi...please come back to me..." I lean my forehead on his, tears continuing to fall, "I...I love you..." I say as I give him a soft kiss.