Chapter 12-Find Him...

Kokichi's POV:

After a while of searching for Shuichi, we all met back in the cafeteria, well...almost everyone. "Have you guys found anything yet...?" I ask with a serious tone. "I'm sorry Kokichi...Tsumugi and I haven't found anything..." Kiibo says, Tsumugi nodding in agreement. Figures...this is why robots are useless. Well...I wouldn't say Kiibo is completely useless...he's actually been a lot of help during trials...~ Tsumugi on the other hand always steers them in the wrong direction...it's very irritating.

I sigh some and look over at Himiko, "Did you find anything...?" I ask, making Himiko look down some. What's wrong with her...? Did she...actually find something? Himiko looks back up and hands me a...small empty bottle...? "What's this...?" I ask curiously. "I...found it in Shuichi's ultimate lab. It's...poison..." she says, making my eyes widen. "Was...there an antidote in his lab too?" I ask, making Himiko shake her head. "Damn it! What're we gonna do?! What if he's being poisoned right now?!" I say, starting to get even more worried then I already was. This is very bad...

Himiko sighs some and puts a hand on my shoulder, "Kokichi...we need to focus on finding him first...then we'll worry about if he's okay..." she says, smiling a little. It's honestly kind of weird seeing her like this...usually she looks tired all the time and doesn't focus on anything except her 'magic', but looking at her now...it looks like she's changed and has even become more direct and serious...I'm glad she's like this now...~ I nod at her and smile a bit, "Your right...lets keep looking."

As we were all about to split up again I look up,  noticing Maki walking through the door. I stare at her curiously. Something seems...off about her..."Oh! There you are Maki, have you found Shuichi?" Kiibo asks her curiously. She walks up to us calmly, "No I haven't..." she says, making me feel more suspicious of her.

"She's lying..." I say, making the others look at me confused while Maki glares at me. "What do you mean...?" Tsumugi asks, making me look at her. "Maki would be the most worried about Shuichi since he was one of her closest friends besides Kaito...she looks like...she doesn't even care. She even sounds like she doesn't..." I say, making her tighten up her fists. Looks like I was right...is it because...she still believes that I'm the real Shuichi...even though I'm not...?

"Maki...I'm not Shuichi..." I say, making her look away from me. "Your wrong...I know you are." She says, making me sigh some. "I swear Maki...I'm not him...the person you've gotten to know is me...Kokichi Ouma...not Shuichi..." I say looking down a bit. She bangs her fist on the table, "Stop lying to me! Why are you acting like this?! You would never do this..." she says, looking frustrated and semi upset as she steps away from the table, "You've been around Kokichi too much...but that'll change soon."

My eyes widen. No...she's going to....kill him!? "Maki...please don't do this! Your making a big mistake!" I say, making her laugh. "Don't worry...I'll make it quick...~" Maki says as she pulls out a crossbow. Where did she get that?! I'm guessing from her lab since she's an assassin...Himiko stares at the crossbow, her eyes widening, "Kokichi...look at the tip of her arrows." She says, feeling worried. I look at them, noticing a liquid on them, "I see that your curious about my arrows...they all have poison on the tips...this will help Kokichi die a lot quicker." Maki says with a smile, "I'll be the one to kill him...so all of us won't have to deal with him and his lies anymore~"

I look down and ball up my fists in frustration. She's going way too far..."I'm not a liar anymore Maki! I promised Shuichi that...I wouldn't lie to him again..." I say, looking back at her, "If you knew the true reason I started lying...you would understand..." She gives me a semi confused look, but then shakes it off and points the crossbow at me, "Do you want to die...?" she says, making my eyes widen some. "Stop this Maki! your gonna-" I'm cut off by a sharp pain I feel in my head, making me fall to my knees. "Kokichi...? What's wrong...?" Himiko says, rushing to my side. Maki lowers the crossbow, looking more confused. "Agh! It hurts!" I say as I grip my head. When I do, I see a flash of light.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Wait...this is...I look around and see young Shuichi. What's going on...? I thought that this would only happen when I'm asleep...it doesn't matter, I have to see what's wrong with Shuichi. I quickly head over to him, "Shuichi...?" I say, making him look up at me. "K-Kokichi...?" Shuichi says, starting to cry some. My eyes widen when I see his face. He has...some bruises...the cut is still on his head too...it looks like it's still bleeding. I look over the rest of his body, noticing...an arrow in his arm. H-He was shot?!

"Your hurt even worse..." I say as I sit by him, making him look down. "The man with...the spiky hair did this to me...I thought that...he was gonna be nice, but I was wrong..." Shuichi says as he lays his head on me. I ball up my fists. I knew Kaito was behind this...figures that Maki would help him...I put my hand on his hair, petting it some, "Don't worry Shuichi...I'm gonna stop him and save you! I promise...everything will be okay...~" He looks up at me, crying some, "You really...do care about me...~ I-I thought...only my uncle did..." Shuichi says, saddening me some. "There are other people who care about you too Shuichi...I can promise you that...~" I say, making him smile. The young Shuichi lays his head back down on me, nuzzling some, "I believe in you...Kokichi~" he says, making me tear up and carefully hug him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Kokichi!!" I open my eyes, blinking some as I slowly sit up. I look around to see the other students surrounding me, besides Maki who's still standing where she was, "Are you okay...? You suddenly blacked out..." Himiko says, making my eyes widen and me instantly get up. The others look at me confused, "What's wrong...?" Kiibo asks curiously. I look over at him, "I...I saw Shuichi when...I blacked out..." they all give me a surprised look, but I go ahead and continue talking, "Hes been beaten up and...shot in the arm by Kaito." I say, making everyone shocked. Tsumugi looks at me confused, "What...? Why would Kaito do th-" she's interrupted by Maki banging her fist on the table again, "This wasn't supposed to happen! I...have to help him." She says as she quickly runs out of the cafeteria. What...? What's she worried about...? No...I shouldn't care about that...I need to follow her so I can find Shuichi.

Shuichi's POV:

I grab my arm, wincing at the pain. He...actually shot me. I...never thought Kaito would do this...I sigh some, looking up at him. I have to do something...I have to get that crossbow away from him! I guess...I have no choice. I quickly rush towards Kaito, shoving him down and knocking the crossbow out of his hand, "You have to stop this! This isn't the Kaito I know!" I say, making him growl some. "You don't know me!" he says as he easily shoves me off of him, making my arm hurt worse. "Kaito...please just listen to me! You have to-" I'm interrupted by the sound of something opening. Kaito and I look over, noticing Maki walking towards us. This is bad...I need to try and get away somehow...

I quickly start to stand up, but stop once I feel...something sharp hit my back. I scream out in pain, making me fall back to my knees, "Your not going anywhere." Maki says as she walks closer to me. I look behind me, feeling absolutely terrified. I've...never seen this side of Maki...I know she's an assassin, but...to see her like this...she's a completely different person.

Maki points the crossbow at me, "Turn around so I can see your face." She says, sounding angry. I turn around and look at her, making her growl some, "How could you make Shuichi lie for you!" Maki says, surprising me some. I have a feeling that...I know what Kokichi talked about. I sigh some, "Kokichi wasn't lying to you about what he said...he told the truth Maki..." I say, making her glare at me.

"Why would he trust anything you say! He hates you remember?! He said it the day after Kaedes trial!" She says, making me look down. "I...regret telling him that. It was a stupid mistake...and that mistake is what made us turn against each other and have our bodies switched..." I start to tear up some, "I-I want nothing more then to apologize to him...and...to tell him something important..." I say sadly.

Kaito looks at me a bit surprised, while Maki just ignores what I said, "What you say doesn't matter now...the poison on the arrow is gonna kill you...and I have more then one." She says, making my eyes widen. The arrow was...poisoned? No...this...this can't be true...I start to tear up again. I'm...really gonna die...before I can...see Kokichi or...my uncle again...? When she points the crossbow back at me, I look up at her and start to cry, "Please Maki...don't kill me! I-I can't die yet! I have to...see my uncle before he-" I'm interrupted by Maki who moves her finger on the trigger, "SHUT UP! I'm sick of your lies! Your life ends here Kokichi!" she says angrily. I look down. I guess...it's over for me...I'm...gonna miss you both...

I sigh and brace for impact as she pulls the trigger, but...I didn't feel anything hit me. I open my eyes to see Kaito in front of me with...one of her poison arrows in his arm. He...protected me...? Why...?