Chapter 20~Living a Life with You~

Kokichi's POV:

Shuichi's parents look over at him surprised, "Why are you here?!" his mother says in an angry tone, "Your supposed to be confined to your room!" His uncle ignores her and walks over to us, sitting on the other side of the hospital bed so he could carefully hug Shuichi, "Hey kiddo...~ I'm sorry that it took me a while to come see you..." he says, making Shuichi laugh a bit as tears roll down his face. "It's okay...I've...missed you so much...~" he says as he hugs him tightly, crying into his shoulder. I smile a bit. I'm so glad that they're finally reunited...~ I knew how hard of a time Shuichi had when he found out about his uncle, so seeing them together again...it makes me happy...~

I look back at Shuichi's parents, laughing a bit when I see how pissed off they are, "Why are you laughing you little brat?!" Shuichi's dad says, making me growl some. I stand up and walk over to him, smirking slightly, "Why...? Because you two are realizing that you lost~" I say, making him instantly grab my shirt and lift me up. "We didn't lose anything! He's coming with us and there's nothing that any of you can do about it!" he says, throwing me to the ground. Agh Fuck! My back...

Shuichi's eyes widen, "Kokichi!" he says as he tries to stand up, wincing some, "Leave him alone Dad!" I try to sit up some, watching as Shuichi starts to head over to me. His uncle attempts to stop him from trying to walk, but he just brushes him off. Shuichi doesn't need to be getting up...I don't want his leg to get worse...

"Shuichi...don't..." ignoring me he continues, stopping when he gets to me, "your still injur-" I'm interrupted when he, as best as he can, stands in front of me, suddenly speaking up, "I won't let you hurt him...I don't care what you do to me, but I won't let you hurt the one I love." he says in a serious tone, making me blush. Shuichi...he's...standing up to them...~

I carefully stand up, quickly getting by him so he doesn't fall, "Shuichi...you need to sit back down..." I say feeling concerned, making him look over at me. "No...I have to do this..." Shuichi says with a smile, giving me a short kiss, "I'm not gonna let them get to me anymore...and...I want to live my life with you...not them...~" he looks back at his parents, the angry look coming back to his face, "So I'm not gonna let them have their way...or let them hurt you."

My eyes widen, a noticeable blush spreading across my face. Shuichi...~ I smile some. You really are amazing...in so many ways...~

Shuichi's POV:

I glare at my parents, feeling absolutely angry. Dad hurt him...thank god he didn't go farther then that...if he would've...I ball up my fist at the thought. Watching my dad do that...made me flashback to those awful things he did to me...I don't want him to hurt anyone else...especially Kokichi. I'll always protect him...even from my parents. I'm...not afraid of them anymore...

My dad laughs at me, "YOUR gonna protect him? That's hilarious! How could someone as weak as you defend someone~?!" He says making me irritated. "I'm...stronger then I used to be...I'm not the weak little boy you remember...I've changed...and it's because of Kokichi that I did...~" I say, glancing over at him to see his blushing face. I glance back to see my mom walking over to us, looking at me face to face. I could tell by the look on her face that she had...mixed feelings. I've...never seen her like this before...

"Why do you want to protect him...? Shouldn't you be protecting yourself...? You know what we're capable of..." she says in a kinda serious tone. My dad looks at her confused, "Honey...what are you-" he's interrupted by her recognizable angry tone, "Shut up! I want to hear his answer!" She says with a slight glare, sighing as she turns back to me, "So...what's your reason...?" I look at her for a moment, then sigh a bit and start talking.

"Mom...Kokichi means so much to me...~ He was...the only person I could really talk to and...the only one who wanted to comfort me when I had a hard time in that killing game..." I sigh some and look over at him, "Even though at first he...made me hate him...I realized after spending time and learning more about him that...my uncle isn't the only person I care about...and...who cares about me...~ I'd give my life to save his...and he already knows that...~" I say with a warm smile, leaning in and kissing Kokichi's forehead.