Chapter 17~In the Hospital

Kokichi's POV:

I sigh some as I look at Shuichi. We're currently in a hospital that was here in town. When...Kiibo broke the barrier...I did my best to walk, using Himiko to keep me up, while Maki carried Shuichi on her back. She's pretty strong, but I guess she has to be considering all that training she went through during and before the killing game. When we got out, we were brought to the hospital where I was treated for my wounds and Shuichi was being taken care of for his along with the broken leg...I take Shuichi's hand carefully. He...took care of Tsumugi... nearly giving his life to do so...if it wasn't for Kiibo he'd...I sigh some. I don't even want to think about that...all that matters is that he's alive...~ The problem is...he hasn't woken up yet...

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I see Maki and Himiko walk into the room. "How is he...?" Maki asks as she walks up to me. "Shuichi's okay, but...he still hasn't woken up..." I say, looking down some, "They said his injuries were pretty bad...what if he-" I'm interrupted by Himiko, who puts a hand on my shoulder, making me look at her, "Don't think like that Kokichi...he'll be okay...~" she says with a reassuring smile. I smile a little, looking back at him. I hope so...

After a little while a nurse walks in, looking straight at me, "Mr. Ouma..." she says, making me glance over at her. "Yea...?" I say, sounding confused. What does she want...? I'm honestly not in the mood to do anything right now...I just want to stay here. "There's another patient here who wants to talk to you..." she says with a slight smile. I look at her confused, "Who...? I don't know anyone else here..." I say, turning back to Shuichi. The nurse sighs a little and walks closer to me, "It's...Mr. Saihara's Uncle..." my eyes widen some as I turn back around to face her, "He wishes to speak with you...~" she says as she turns around, waiting at the door for me. I can't believe it! He's in the hospital like that monopad said, but maybe it was wrong about him dying...which would be great for Shuichi...~

Maki notices me, sighing a bit, "Go ahead and go...we'll keep an eye on him for you...~" she says, Himiko nodding in agreement with a slight smile. I stand up and lean over Shuichi, carefully kissing his forehead, "I'll be back...~" I say with a small smile, turning around and following the nurse out of the room. As I was walking with her, I start to feel a little nervous. I'm not sure why...maybe it's just the thought of meeting a family member of his, hoping they'll like you. I know there's his actual parents too, but I personally don't care one bit about what they think of me...

When we get to the room, the nurse smiles and opens the door, revealing an older man who has Shuichi's hair color, but shorter and more faded with silver streaks on the sides. I nervously walk into the room, making him smile, "Please close the door mam...~" he says, making the nurse nod and close it. He looks over at me, laughing a bit, "Come here Mr. Ouma, I don't bite...~" he says, making me laugh awkwardly and walk over. "You...can call me Kokichi sir..." I say with a slight smile. This is so awkward...what do I say to him...? I have no clue how to talk to this guy...

He smiles, then looks up at the ceiling, "Thank you for...taking care of my nephew...~" he says, making my eyes widen. Huh...? How did he...? He wasn't there in the killing game...so...how did he find out...? "How did...you know that...?" I ask, sitting in the chair closest to the hospital bed. He looks over at me, "I saw you guys on TV..." he says, sighing some, "I watched you guys go through that...awful game while I was here..." My eyes widen. On...TV...? Tsumugi was broadcasting the killing game...?! I think for a moment, blushing when I realize something. Wait...that means...

He notices me, laughing some, "I was surprised when you two switched bodies...~ I saw a different side to Shuichi that I...never thought I would ever see..." he smiles more at me, "I was also happy when...you said you loved him...~" he says, making me blush more and look up at him. "You were...happy...?" I asked him curiously. He nods, looking back at the ceiling, "Those three words...they mean more to me then you realize..." he says with a slight laugh, "It shows me that... Shuichi has someone besides me who...will be there for him...~"