Chapter 19~Shuichi's Parents

Shuichi's POV:

I slowly open my eyes and yawn, looking towards the window to see light shining through the blinds. It's morning already...I sigh a little. I wish that I didn't have to deal with my parents...I'd give anything to not see them today...I look down some, seeing Kokichi holding onto me tightly like he would never let me go. I smile and pet his hair softly, giggling when I see him nuzzle my chest some. At least I have him by my side...~I'll have Maki and Himiko too, so...I think I'll be okay as long as they're here...~

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear him mumble something.

"Shuichi..."

My eyes widen some. Is...he dreaming...? I remember him talking about having dreams of a younger me when our bodies were switched...maybe...he's still having them...? I listen quietly and closely to see if I can hear him say something else, noticing his face going a little red.

"..Kichi..."

I rase my eyebrow some. Kichi...? Is he trying to say his name...? Wait...Kokichi looks like he's...blushing...~ Could it be...a nickname for him? I see Kokichi grip my shirt tighter, noticing that he's tearing up some.

"...I won't...let them...."

I sadden some and pull him closer. Oh Kokichi...I move some hair out of his face, moving my hand down his cheek. I stare at him, a serious look forming on my face. I won't let them either...I promise...I'll-

"Shuichi...?" I snap out of it, noticing Kokichi waking up, staring at me with a confused look on his face. I smile and give him a short kiss, "Good morning Kokichi...~" I say, making him blush. "G-Good morning~" he says with a smile as he kisses me back, sitting up and rubbing his eyes afterwards. I sit up some, wincing a little. I still feel a bit sore...it doesn't help that these hospital beds are uncomfortable and make you feel like your laying on cardboard. Kokichi notices me, getting concerned, "Lay back down Shuichi...your not ready to get up yet..." he says in a semi serious tone.

I sigh a little and lay back down, "Fine..." I say, sounding a bit irritated. Kokichi sighs some and kisses my forehead, "I know it's uncomfortable...just bear with it until the others get here...~ We'll have the nurse give you crutches and we'll help you get up okay...~?" He says with a slight grin, making me laugh a bit.

"Alright...~" I smile some, looking down a bit, "Kokichi I'm...nervous..." I say, making him put his hand on mine. "Shuichi...don't worry about your parents...I'll be here...~" he says with a warm smile. I slip my hand into his with a nod, "Don't leave me, no matter what..." I say, surprising him some. "I won't...I promise...~" Kokichi says as he leans his head on mine, blushing some. I smile happily. I know that he'll keep his promise, since he kept his first one to me...~

After a while longer, Maki and Himiko arrive. The nurse was gonna come in too, but Maki reassured her that they could help me with the crutches. Thankfully the nurse let them, I would've preferred their help more then hers...it took me a little while, but I finally got used to it...with some near falls. I'm currently sitting on the side of the bed with Kokichi, chatting with the others as I wait for my parents to show up. It feels nice to have people to talk to, when I was younger...I had no one except my uncle...I was lonely, but now I feel like...I have a real family...~ Though...it doesn't the feel complete since...my uncle isn't in here with us and...Kiibo is gone...I sigh a little. I wish that I would've...gotten to thank him...

"Hey Shuichi...what's wrong...?" I look up, seeing Maki looking at me confused and a bit curious. "It's nothing I just...wish Kiibo was with us..." I say as I look back down, making them all sadden some. "I miss him too..." I look up to see Himiko tearing up some, Maki putting an arm around her, "He made sure we could get out...but-" she's suddenly interrupted by Kokichi who's also tearing up, "He gave his life to do so..." he says as he leans his head on my shoulder. "I also miss him, but I'm sure Kiibo wouldn't want us to be crying over him...he would want us to live our lives happily for him...~" Maki says with a smile. I look over at her and smile some, "Yea...~" I say, the others nodding in agreement. She's right...~ Kiibo...I won't let the life you saved be waisted...~

Suddenly the nurse walks in, noticing us, "Ah...is this not a good time...?" She asks, making us turn towards her. "No it's alright...~" I say with a small smile, wiping my eyes a little. "Alrighty then...well I'm here with-" she's interrupted by a familiar female voice bursting into the room, "Shuichi~!!" the woman says as she runs in and hugs me, knocking Kokichi off the bed.

"Owww! Watch it!" Kokichi says with a bit of a growl. It's mom...I don't hug her back, worrying more about Kokichi on the floor. "Son! Your okay~" says my Dad, smiling some as he walks over and hugs me too. I can tell instantly that their smiles are fake...they don't care that I'm okay...they're just acting because of the nurse.

When they release me from their hug, I scoot away from them both, having trouble because of my leg. "What's the matter sweetheart~?" my mom asks curiously, making Kokichi start to get mad. "Mam...could you give Shuichi some space...?" Maki asks as kind and calmly as she could, making my mom give her a dirty look. "We want to see our little boy, so how about all of you give us some space and leave...~" she says with a fake smile and motions over the nurse, worrying me some. I...I have to say something...I don't want them to be forced to leave...

I take a breath and look up at them, "I...I want them to stay..." I say, surprising my parents. The nurse nods with a smile and turns back around, leaving the room. When she left, both of my parents expressions changed...they went from being excited to see me, to wanting to yell at me. I brace myself for what's to come, only to be surprised when a certain purple haired boy pushes passed my mom and wraps his arms around me tightly.

Kokichi's POV:

I could tell that things were about to go down once the nurse left...that's why I wanted to quickly get by Shuichi's side...he needs me...~ Shuichi's mom looks at me confused, "Son...who the hell is this...?" She asks in an angry tone. Shuichi was about to speak up, but I answered for him, "I'm his boyfriend..." I say as I hug him tighter making him blush some.

"Boyfriend?! There's no way you are, he's just lying to you son...he doesn't actually like you!" says his dad, making me grit my teeth. I wish I was taller so I could break his nose...maybe I could convince Maki to do it...she already looks pretty angry at them...

I look over at Shuichi who's just...quiet...I can't tell if he's upset or mad..."Shuichi...?" I say, making him look up at them. "You two are the real liars...Kokichi on the other hand..." Shuichi looks over and wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a kiss. He smiles warmly when he releases me from it, "Is not...~" he says, making my eyes widen some. Shuichi...~ I smile happily, "Never again...~" I say as I kiss him back, making his parents angrier.

"Get away from our son! He's coming with us!" his mom says as she try's to grab Shuichi, being instantly stopped by Maki who grabs her wrist. "He's not going anywhere with you two..." she says as she pushes her back, standing in front of us. Wow...she's more protective then I thought...maybe it was because of those kids she used to look after...

Shuichi's mom laughs, "Looks like our son has a bodyguard now~" she says, her husband laughing with her. "Seems like it, but it's all a waste of time...he has no choice~" his dad says with a slight smirk. "He does to have a choice! He's not gonna be controlled by you guys anymore!" Himiko says as she stands by us with her arms crossed. They both laugh again, making me want nothing more then to straight up tell them off, "Shuichi has to come with us...he knows what will happen if he doesn't~" his mom says, making Shuichi tense up some. I notice him and pull him closer, "He doesn't have to do anything...he won't be staying with either of you..." I say, making Shuichi smile and relax some.

"Kokichi is right...he won't be staying with either of you..." I look over, noticing the door opening and a familiar face appearing, "He'll be staying with me...~" the person says as they look at Shuichi with a warm smile. My eyes widen. I...wasn't expecting him to show up...I didn't think that he would...even be able to leave his room...Shuichi stares at him in shock, tearing up some, "U-Uncle...?"