Chapter 7~Magic Show Gone Wrong...

A/N~Sorry this chapter took so long to do lol I had to figure out some stuff with it. I will say that I'll mention the deaths and trials from the game, but probably won't show the whole investigation/trial XD there will be one trial I'll somewhat show, but you'll have to wait for that one lol.
————————————————
Kokichi's POV:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where...am I...? First I was having a bad dream and now I'm here...? I look around to see that I'm in a plain white room...there's nothing here except...a young boy...hugging his knees, leaning his head on them. I walk closer to him, seeing that it's...Shuichi, except...he's not the same Shuichi I met in the killing game. I kneel down in front of him, "Hey...what's wrong...?" I ask, sounding concerned.

The young Shuichi looks up at me, wiping his eyes, "W-Who...are you?" He asks, turning his head some. I smile a bit, "I'm ah...a friend...~" I say with a slight laugh. Shuichi looks back down, "I...I don't have any friends. Everyone hates me...I should just..." he says, sighing a little, "Just leave me alone..."

My face saddens. I'm not used to him being like this...without thinking I hug him tightly, "I'll never leave you alone...I'm your friend...~" I say with a smile. Shuichi's face heats up, "Ah um...o-okay?" He says, feeling awkward and confused.

Realizing what I'm doing I let him go, rubbing my neck, "Sorry...that was...a bit awkward..." I say with a slight laugh. Shuichi looks at me wide eyed, "N-No! I-I....I needed that...~" he looks at me with a kind smile, making me blush. Why...am I blushing...?

Shuichi grabs my hands, "I'm glad I have a friend...~ Will you come visit me...~?" He asks happily. I look at him surprised, but smile warmly,  "Of course I will Shuichi~" I say, him giving me a shocked look. "W-Wait...how do you-"
~~~~~~~~~

I suddenly wake up. What...was that...? I sit up, rubbing my head. I've...never had a dream like that before...I look at the clock. It's already morning...I notice something next to the clock. Is that a...Panta? I thought I finished it off yesterday...I picked it up, noticing a note on it. I take it off and read it out loud, "Sorry about yesterday...here's a Panta...~Shuichi" It's...an apology...? I smile some. Well...this will suffice for now...~

I drink the Panta and put on Shuichi's clothes. Is it bad that I'm already starting to get used to this...I look at Shuichi's face in the mirror. Why did I dream about him...? What was...that about...? I kinda feel bad...in my dream I told the young Shuichi that I'd never leave him and that...I was his friend and would visit, but I never told him my actual name...maybe I'll say it next time...~ If...there is a next time...I don't see myself having another dream like this...

I sigh some and walk out of his room, running into Himiko, "Heya 'Shuichi'...coming to my magic show?" She asks, looking up at me. Wow...I never realized how short she really was...we were originally around the same height. I roll my eyes, "Why would I go to your dumb show after what you did...?" I say crossing my arms. She giggles some, "You make a pretty good Shuichi~ Better then the regular one~" she says, slightly joking.

I look away from her, "You don't know the real Shuichi..." I say, sounding a mix of sad and irritated as I walk past her, "Lets just get to your stupid show already..." Himiko looks at me surprised, following me to where her show was being held. Once we get there I look around, seeing some of the other students waiting for it to start.

I look over at her, "Where's Shuichi...?" I ask curiously. Himiko sighs a bit, "He wouldn't come for some reason..." she says as she walks away. Weird...why would he not come...?

Shuichi's POV:

Why...why would she lie about her talent...? I mean...what Ryoma said makes sense, but...there has to be more to it. I'm currently leaning back in one of Kokichi's chairs, writing notes on a little note pad I found in one of his boxes. I've been up for a while, I was having issues sleeping last night...I kept thinking about what Ryoma said...about Maki and her being and assassin.

I decided to close my notebook and stretch, I should probably get something to eat...I was about to leave his room when I heard a familiar tune. I turn to the mono screen, watching as Monokuma appears, "A body has been discovered!" he says, making my eyes widen, "Everyone, please gather to the gym!"

Once the screen turns off I rush out of the room. No...someone else was...murdered!? This can't be happening! No one else was supposed to die...I push open the gym doors to see...a horrific site. The bones of Ryoma...the Ultimate Tennis Pro. I talked to him yesterday, but now he's gone...I look down some. Who...who did this...? Who would want to kill him...?

I hesitantly walk over to where everyone else was, looking at the body. I suddenly feel someone pulling me away, I turn towards the person seeing...myself, "Kokichi, what's going on...? Why is..." I looked back at Ryoma's remains. "I have no clue! The show was going fine, but something happened...I thought that Himiko wasn't able to get out or something...so I made Angie pull back the curtains and...well you should know the rest..." Kokichi says with a slight sigh. I ball up my fists, "We need to investigate...we have to find out who killed him..." I say, walking away. "Wait! I know your a detective, but...I need to be you so..." Kokichi says, making me turn around, "Just look for clues and figure out everyone's alibi..." I say as I walk away. I need to do my own investigating, since...I know no one will come to me about anything...now that I'm Kokichi...

~Time Skip~

After a while, it was time for the trial. I gathered as much information as I could and discussed it with Kokichi, he was...kinda nervous about it...probably because everyone would be looking to him. That's how I felt when Kaede gave control of the first trial over to me, but I gave him some advice that I felt would help him.

The trial actually went pretty okay...he played my part well and I helped while still trying to keep his image. I even brought up the motive videos since...I kept thinking about Maki possibly being the killer...killing him so she could...keep her secret safe. Kaito kept defending her, which was honestly kinda annoying...it was like he had feelings for her or something, but eventually...the culprit ended up being Kirumi. How could she do something like this...

Now the trial is over and we're all standing here, questioning her. "You guys must be wondering, why would Kirumi do this~?" Monokuma says, laughing, "Well heeeeeeres your answer~! Tada~!" I watch as he pulls out...a monopad? We all watch as it starts playing. Wait...it can't be...

"You...got your own video...?" I say surprised. So we were the ones who got our own videos...she looked over at me and sighed, "Yes Kokichi...I did...I'm sorry that I betrayed you...all of you, but..." Kirumi balled up her fists, "I have to protect them! I will not die!!" She says as she starts to run away.

Unfortunately...running was futile...she ended up being executed. It was hard to watch her suffer...it was painful, but...her determination was admirable. I thought she would make it, but of course...executions don't go that way...once it's over, all eyes turn on me.

I look at them all confused, until Kaito speaks up, "How did you know about their meeting?!" He says, pointing at me. Oh...I guess they're talking about the interaction between Ryoma and Maki. "Nishishi~ I stumbled upon them while I was just strolling casually down the hall~" I say with a grin, "I actually had a nice conversation with Ryoma when Maki left."

Maki gives me a glare while everyone else, including Kokichi, looks at me surprised. "Ryoma told me something interesting about Ms. Child Caregiver~" I give her a slight smirk, "She's been hiding her true identity from everyone and I've known about it the whoooooole time~" I say with Kokichis signature laugh.

I suddenly feel myself being grabbed by the neck and picked up, "Gh!" I cant breathe...she's...actually pretty strong...I have to say something to her...before she actually kills me..."This...isn't something you would do...~ You would...rather kill from the shadows...~ Riiiiight Ms. Ultimate Assassin~?" I say with a grin, making her let go. She balls up her fists and runs off, most everyone else following her. The only ones who stayed were Kokichi and Himiko...
Gonta did too, but Himiko sent him off to get something to help me.

I looked up to see my face staring at me, looking...actually concerned, "Are you okay?! You could've gotten killed by her..." Kokichi says, looking down, "I had a bad feeling about her, but I never thought that...she would be an Assassin..."

I laugh a bit, coughing some, "Yea...you were right about her being suspicious...~" Kokichi laughs a bit, but then sighs some, "Shuichi...we need to talk...meet me in my room when your up to it..." he says as he stands up and walks away. Huh...? What does he want to talk about...? Whatever it is...I have a feeling it's not gonna be good considering how serious he sounded...