Chapter 10~All My Fault...

Shuichi's POV:

I was hoping...hoping so bad that what I saw wasn't true...that it didn't happen, but once we left the virtual world...all of that was shattered with one image...the body of Miu Iruma. Why...? How could he...I look down and walk away, heading to Kokichi's room. I don't want to investigate...when I already know what happened...

Once I get to Kokichi's room I sit curled up in a ball on his bed, my head laying on my knees. This is all my fault...if I would've been nice to Miu, she wouldn't have had the motive to kill me...and she would still be alive. I should've treated her better...I took things too far. I mean...I could've died because of my actions...well...Kokichi could've. I'm still unsure what would happen if one of us was killed while we're still like this...

After a little while longer, I hear the door open. I already know who it is...considering there's only one other person I know who can lock pick a room...I felt the bed move, but didn't bother looking up...I don't want him to see me like this.

"Shuichi..." Kokichi says, putting his hand on my head, "You have to tell me what happened..." I stay quiet, making him sigh some, "Look...I know that talking about this will be hard, but you have to...we need to know who the killer was." Kokichi says in a semi serious tone, which surprises me a little. I've never heard Kokichi be this serious about something...

"You weren't there..." I say, lifting up my head to reveal a tear stained face, "If you would've seen what I saw...you would be like this too..." Kokichi looked at me surprised, pulling me into a hug, "Please don't keep this in...I don't want you to hide anything from me, since...I'm not hiding anything from you..." he says, making me blush some. He's right...I shouldn't hide this from him...I...can trust him...right...?

I look at him, wiping my eyes some, "Her death...was my fault..." I say, making Kokichi confused. "Huh...? What do you mean...?" He asks curiously. "I-I...treated her badly...which I guess made her want to kill me...and then she...was killed..." I look down, remembering the moment, "The killer killed her to...save me, but...she wouldn't have died if I...treated her better..." I say, tears starting to fall, "I caused someone's death..."

Kokichi's eyes widen some, "Shuichi...the killer could've chose to restrain her instead of kill her, but they didn't...it's not your fault she died..." he says, making me look up at him. "But I acted like you and picked on her...which made her want to kill me, so she died because of me..." I say, looking back down, "I don't want to act anymore...I don't want either of us to act anymore..."

"I agree..." Kokichi instantly says, making me look at him surprised. "You...do...?" I ask curiously. Kokichi nods, "I want to be my real self...not a liar...I want to be me...and you to be you...~" he says with a small genuine smile, making me blush. Wow...I've...never seen him smile like that...~ I mean I know it's my face, but...that's a real smile...not a fake...~

"Well...then let's tell them during the trial...~ Himiko may not be happy though..." I say, making Kokichi roll his eyes. "She can get over it...we can focus on changing back when we get out of here...okay~?" he says, making me smile a bit, "Now...tell me who killed Miu...and how it all happened..."

Kokichi's POV:

Wow...I really wasn't expecting that. Currently we're heading up to the trial grounds...I'm still trying to process everything Shuichi said...I mean...I would've never thought Gonta would be the type to kill...and Shuichi saw every moment...that would scar a person. It's gonna be hard to convict Gonta, but we have to make it work somehow...we also have to tell the others about our situation during the trial too. This is gonna be difficult because...I know they won't listen to Shuichi...

Once the trial began, it started to go smoothly. I presented the evidence and started pointing things out, everything was going great, but once it got to determining the culprit...that's when things went down hill real fast.

"Huh?! Gonta not kill Miu!" said the gental giant, making both Shuichi and I confused. What's going on...? Why would...Gonta lie...? Shuichi looks at Gonta a bit upset, "I know you did it Gonta...I watched you do it!" he says, making the others gasp. "Don't lie you little shit! Gonta would never do something like this!" Kaito shouts in anger. Shuichi looks at Kaito, "You weren't there...you didn't see what happened...Miu tried to kill me, but Gonta saved me from her. I don't know why he chose to kill her, but he did!" Shuichi says, making the room go quiet for a bit.

"Why would anyone believe a word this lying little brat says..." Maki spouts, making me irritated. "Because that 'lying little brat' is not Kokichi..." I suddenly say, making Shuichi and Himiko look at me surprised, "The truth is...I'm the real Kokichi. Himiko switched our bodies...we've been acting like each other the whole killing game..."

Everyone goes speechless, until Kaito abruptly bangs his fist on his podium, "That's a complete lie! I've spent time with you almost every night we've been here! Are you telling me that I've actually been working out with that irritating gremlin and not my sidekick?!" He says, making me sadden some. I know that we were enemies at first, but...I actually liked working out with Kaito. "I'm still your sidekick, but...I'm not Shuichi..." I say, looking down a bit.

Shuichi notices me and speaks up, "Its true Kaito...Kokichi has been the one spending time with you...not me...don't be mad at him..." he says, making me blush a bit. He's...defending me...? Against his...best friend...? Kaito glares at Shuichi, making me feel awful. If I wasn't originally a liar, Kaito would've believed him...

After a lot of back and forth debating, we did end up convicting Gonta. He was upset...not just because of that, but because...he doesn't remember doing it. This made Shuichi feel awful for pressing him like he did, but there's nothing we can do about it now...he's already been executed...

As for telling everyone about the body switch, only Kiibo and Tsumugi believed us...Maki and Kaito denied it...and Himiko did get irritated that we said something, but we can't take it back now. Currently, we're chatting in the dining hall while Kaito and Maki go train...they didn't want to be around us...

"That's so crazy~! So you were Shuichi this whole time~? It's almost like a cosplay~" Tsumugi says, making me roll my eyes. She looks at us both and smirks a bit, "So~ Have you seen each other naked~?" Tsumugi asks, making us both blush. "I-I...w-well..." Shuichi says, rubbing his arm. Tsumugi giggles, "I know you have, I saw you in that maid outfit~" she says, making me hide my face. Of course she had to bring that up again...

Shuichi blushes and looks at me nervously, "I-I'm sorry Kokichi..." he says, making me look over at him. "It's fine...you didn't have much of a choice...and I didn't either when I had to shower every night after working out..." I say, making his eyes widen. "Well well well~ Looks like Kokichi got to see plenty~" Tsumugi says, making her and Himiko giggle.

After a while of chatting, we all went our separate ways and back to our rooms. Shuichi and I decided to walk together, since our rooms are close by. "I'm...glad we told them...~" Shuichi says with a smile. "Yea...I feel so much better~ I'm glad you don't have to act like that fake me anymore...~ I'm sorry that I put you through that..." I say sadly, making Shuichi look at me surprised. "No! It was...actually kinda fun, but I shouldn't have taken it as far as I did..." he says, looking down some.

I stopped by his door, "Don't worry about it...it's all done and over with now...~" I say with a bit of a smile, "You have some of your friends back, which is good~" I say, feeling a bit of a sting in my heart as I say that. I'm not sure why...

Shuichi looks up at me, "I don't just have them...I have you too...~" he says, blushing a bit. I look at him surprised, making him blush more, "I-I'm...gonna go to bed now!" Shuichi turns around, "I-I'll talk to you tomorrow...and...tell you something new..." he says as he quickly walks away.

I stand there, stunned. Does he really...mean that...~? I thought that...now that he had them back...he wouldn't want to spend time with me anymore...I was so wrong...~ I open Shuichi's door and flop onto his bed. Maybe...he finally trusts me...? I sigh a bit and close my eyes. I hope so...~ I want him to...for more reasons then one...~