Chapter 1

Jennie's POV

Waking up so early in the morning isn't really a nice thing for heavy sleepers like myself.

I always ask myself...

Why even go to school when your too smart for it?

But I can't argue with my father or he will send me away and let me live by myself.

And I'm not used to living so poorly.

He'll give me money all right but not much like what I always get.

You can call me spoiled all you want, I don't care.

Anyways, I'm now packing up stuff for I will transfer to our dormitories.

That's right, I did have to leave the house sooner or later.

Packing up was an easy task but unpacking would be too tiring and boring.

I grumbled at the thought of actually having to unpack all these stuff I brought, loudly enough to be heard by my best friend Lisa, who is helping me pack.

"That's the 17th time you've grumbled this morning, Unnie." Lisa scratches her head while trying to find my favorite stuffed animal.

Lisa knows me too well to know that I can't sleep without that toy.

"This is just so boring and why do we even have to have dorms when we have houses?" I lay back in my bed while halfway drifting to sleep again.

"Don't even think about taking a nap. We'll be late for the opening ceremony if you don't hurry packing. Where the hell is Nini?!" She bends down here and there to find the stuffed toy.

I can't sleep without it because it's really important to me or was given by someone important to me.

"The ceremony is like an hour away and Nini..." I quickly scans the room to find the missing item that my best friend has been finding for quite a time.

My eyes then widened at the realization that I didn't know where my stuffed toy was.

I quickly sprang up from my bed and searched every corner of my room.

"Nini?!" I shout and run out of the room.

I looked everywhere inside the house but still no sign of Nini.

I ordered the maids and butlers to look as well but no luck for them.

I was on the verge of tears now.

I can't lose it. She gave it to me. I just can't.

I fell on my knees and tried to compose myself.

Lisa immediately hugged me and comforted me.

"Please, can you leave us?" Lisa looks at the butlers and maids.

They nodded in response and got back to their jobs.

"Jen... don't cry, alright. We'll find Nini." She says as she draws circles on my back.

"I've searched everywhere. She's not here at my house." My voice started to crack.

"Jen... can we look for her later? We'll totally be late if we don't go right now. I don't wanna be late on the first day of senior year, Jen. All your stuffs are packed." Lisa pulls away a little but doesn't break the hug, to move the stray hairs aside that was covering my face.