Epilogue

Jennie's POV

I finally got home with the help of Chaeyoung and Lisa.

They were passing by when they saw me crying in Chu's arms.

"Thanks guys..." I said with my hoarse voice.

"Are you sure you wanna be alone, Unnie?" Lisa asks worriedly.

I nodded and they sighed in defeat.

"I'm really sorry for your loss, Unnie." Chaeyoung sadly said with sobs.

I hummed quietly and fought back my threatening-to-fall tears.

"We'll be going now. Be careful, Unnie." Lisa waved good bye and I blankly stared at their tall figures disappear.

I sighed and went to our room. Well, was our room.

Her familiar scent still traveling across the room.

I gripped onto the ring that I gave her just days ago, very tightly as if it would disappear too.

She broke it too soon.

"Jennie." Chu called out and I faced her with a blank expression.

"Yeah?" I answered with a low voice.

"I'm sorry. It should've been me that was shot. I couldn't protect you even though I'm your guardian." She looks down on her feet while a tears were breaming in her eyes.

I shook my head slowly and smiled softly to her.

"It isn't. She did it with her own mindset." I said while biting my lower lip. "The mindset to protect those who she truly loves." And by that, the held tears fell.

I fell on my knees and held onto the ring so tight.

I placed it on my chest and hit my chest so painfully

That maybe just maybe this is all a dream.

But it isn't.

It hurts so so much.

Chu immediately hugged me and drew circles on my back.

"I'm hurt too. But please Jen, don't mourn for her all your life. She won't be happy." She pulled herself apart from me and looks at me straight in the eyes. "We have to accept that she's gone. That she won't come back anymore. That she won't make us laugh anymore with her dorky personality, that she won't make us hella good breakfast, that she won't stop annoying you, that she won't stop bickering, that she won't stop giving deadly glares to those who look at you, that she won't stop being such an idiot to you and me, that she won't scold me for doing anything stupid, that she won't kiss you good morning or goodnight or goodbye or hello. She's won't..." She places her head on my shoulder as she sobs uncontrollably.

She was shaking and very vulnerable right now.

We cried together all night and finally slept in each other's arms because we were so so tired.

We love you, Jisoo.

...

"Jennie." Someone calls out with the most melodic voice I have ever heard.

I hummed in response with a hopeful smile in my face.

"I'm sorry..." He/She says. "I'm so so sorry..." He/She repeats.

I finally opened my eyes to be met by the most beautiful brown orbs I have seen in my entire life.

The eyes that lit up my life and darkened it.