Chapter 16

Jennie's POV

"Jennie. Jennie. Jennie." I heard someone call my name repeatedly.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open to see Jisoo's face so close to me.

I unconsciously pushed her face away from me a bit too hard.

She stumbles onto the ground and groans.

"I-I'm sorry!" I immediately rushed to her side and helped her up, sloppily.

"That's some force you got there, Jen." She smiles while rubbing her bottom.

"S-sorry..." I fiddle with my fingers nervously.

"I'm fine." She caresses my cheeks as she got up.

"You must be a bit dizzy considering you almost stumbled just getting to me." She says with a grin.

"Yeah..." I blushed a little because she really just had to put me first before herself.

I saw Irene in my peripheral vision smiling at Jisoo with a playful smile.

Why does she look so happy?

"Why is she still here?" I pointed at Irene.

"I have to explain, right?" She looks at me and my brain was still processing.

"Right. Begin." I crossed my arms and legs.

"You can sit down, SeulRene." Jisoo offered them seats while they glared at her.

Jisoo only gave them a playful grin before sitting down beside me.

"So... I don't know where to start." She looks at me blankly.

And I gave her a 'are-you-kidding-me-right-now' look and she shook her head.

"How do you know them?" I looked at Irene and Seulgi's direction.

"Oh... Seulgs is my childhood friend and well... don't be so surprised Jen but... Irene's my cousin." She nervously looked at me.

I could feel fury pumping up inside me.

So my guardian is my ex's cousin. Fantastic.

"Now I know the reason..." I started.

"What?" Jisoo asked.

"Now I know the reason why you you became my guardian. Your here to help her win me back. I'm right, aren't I?" I grit my teeth and I was close to tears when I was pointing at Irene.

"Jennie, don't cry..." Jisoo softly says while patting my thigh.

"You liar! And I thought you were different." I swatted her hand away from my thigh and walked into a room, slamming the door in the process.

I was breathing heavily. I can't believe I'm showing this kind of side of me again.

Tch. So weak.

I but my lower lip to hold my tears back but what's the point.

She betrayed me and used me.

She thought she can bring me and Irene back together. Well, tough luck.

I slid my back on the wall and wrapped my arms around my knees.

I then saw a still figure on my bed.

"Nini... why do I still keep you even though the one who gave you hurt me so much." I whimpered out.

And then, I cried it all out.

...

Jisoo's POV

I don't know what to do.