V: Initiation Complete!

Everyone had begun to make their way back to the cliffs, Chara and Asriel still somewhere far ahead of the rest of the group but you were caught in between the the duo and the rest of the group. You decided to "scout ahead for grimm, in case any decide to linger around" despite Papyrus informing you that the grimm would follow Chara since her semblance makes her a target. You simply shrugged and said better safe than sorry and here you were now. Alone once again with the first step of your dream realized, just need to make it through the rest of the school years and then you'll finally be a huntsmen and ready to make a difference in the world.

Muffet: "There you are deary~ I didn't even get to thank you for saving me before you ran off!" 

Muffet suddenly spoke up and startled you. You quickly spun around after letting out a small yelp of surprise, the spider monster only giggling at your reaction.

Y/N: "Right, of course... It's not a problem Muffet, any time."

You tried to wave it off as casually as you could, you really didn't want her to think she owes you anything or allow her to get too close to you. The spider only looked a bit surprised at your response. 

Muffet: "My, my~ If I didn't know any better I'd say you think saving my life is not a big deal."

Muffet said while closing the gap between you two, her eyes narrowing a bit while she examined your facial features, most of which were slightly red and uncomfortable from the suddenly closeness and apparent studying she was doing. 

Y/N: "Uh... Well no, your life does matter, but I meant it more as "anyone would save you" since even Frisk ended up saving me not a few minutes later."

You explained while putting your hands up defensively. You really didn't mean it that way and you could only assume you had somehow offended her with the idea that because she was a monster she didn't matter as much or something. You were panicking, okay? You didn't really know what could make her mad, you only knew her for what? A few hours max? Man... It almost feels like 20 days have went by, but you weren't sure why.

Muffet: "I'm just messing with you deary, you look good in red~"

Muffet said while giggling a bit before winking her two right eyes at you. Well. This was happening. She quickly moved in and gave you a quick peck on the cheek as well before she shot a web and swung away. Leaving you dumbfounded at what just happened. 

Muffet: "Consider that your reward deary~"

Muffet said as she swung back to the group. You only watched her swing away before shaking your head and moving forward once more. That was... Something. Very strange and you really didn't like it, did she already have a crush on you? There's no way it could be that soon, right? Maybe she was just very flirty? 

You didn't even realize you had been thinking on that question for so long that you made it to the cliffs until you were starting to climb up. Man, you got really caught up in just unpacking the events that had went through the day that the trip back just went by in a flash. On the plus side, no grimm decided to attack you.

Ozpin: "Ah Mr. L/N, I see you finally made it, but where is your partner?"

Ozpin greeted you with a soft smile while clutching onto his crane. You had honestly forgot about waiting for Muffet and the others, you immediately turned around and to your relief the group was just making it up toward the cliff. 

Y/N: "Sorry, was scouting ahead and I guess I just forgot about Muffet..." 

You admitted sheepishly while scratching the back of your head as everyone approached you and Ozpin, everyone in much better moods than when you left as they talked among one another, Papyrus and Undyne almost unsurprisingly being the loudest of the group.