XII: Lunch

You aren't sure how many fights you slept through but it was enough to fill the class slot as Chara shook your shoulder and woke you up, you letting out a yawn and stretching in your seat before standing up. Only for the blood to rush to your head and make you slightly dizzy and forcing you to sit back down. 

Y/N: "Woah... Got up too fast..."

You say as you blink a few times, trying to clear up your vision from the black spots that came from the resulting head rush while the rest of your team look at you, probably trying to ensure you're okay.  After just a few seconds you stand back up and give your team a thumbs up as you all begin to head out to lunch at the cafeteria. 

Y/N: "So I miss anything neat while I slept? Which, before you say anything Asriel, I'll not do again."

You decide to ask your team as the large group of students begun to break off to do their own thing and it became possible to talk without speaking unnecessarily loud. Asriel already seemed ready to scold you in his almost mother like fashion despite being a male but stopped and only squinted his eyes at you once you assured him you weren't going to do again. 

Asriel: "Well Frisk fought Ruby! It was so cool! Ruby kept speeding around and swinging that giant scythe of hers while Frisk just dodged and weaved!"

Chara: "It was a fight of speed vs reflexes and was quite the sight... We tried to wake you but you seemed to be enjoying your sleep."

Muffet: "Yes yes, Frisk is quite the hard one to catch however.... Not that she didn't get hit but it was clear Frisk wasn't going to lose that fight, it's why no one bet against her."

Asriel quickly begun, clearly excited about how that fight played out with stars in his eyes, Chara cutting in to give a more analytic view of the fight you had missed out on. You had to wonder just how that fight played out. Muffet added last, although the last part caught you off guard and you looked at Muffet with a raised eyebrow, confused on how she managed to learn of this so soon.

Y/N: "Wait, people were betting on the fights?"

Muffet: "Why of course deary~ It's a good way to make lien you know... Maybe next class you can get in on the betting~"

You asked, curious on who was betting and who was betting on who so far... Although you had to wonder who bet on you and Muffet's fight and who was betting against you? More importantly however... Who was running this whole thing? Before you could add more questions, Muffet suggested you should bet and you couldn't help but think Muffet was the ring leader of this whole operation.

Y/N: "Alright... Well who else fought?"

Asriel: "Oh, well Papyrus fought that Russel guy from CRDL and.... Well, he tried at least."

Chara: "It was over within a minute..."

Muffet: "The bets were almost as one sided as Frisk and Ruby's fight..."

You asked and that seemed to put a slight damper on the mood as Asriel tried to give Russel some praise, Chara not even providing any analytic view and Muffet even confirming no one had much fate in Russel anyways... Well, at least you know who you'd want to fight next time. 

Y/N: "That bad huh? Were all the fights after Muffet and I's one sided?"

Asriel: "Not all! Delta and Eleanor actually fought and it was so cooool! They were shooting fireballs! Ice! Even bees! I didn't even know humans could use magic! Or... Whatever they were doing! Not to mention how much weapons Delta had! He was like a walking armory!"

Chara: "Yes, Delta was impressive but he was poorly matched against Eleanor's fast pace and hard hitting combat style, he simply couldn't stand to her despite his versatility. Still, it was cutting it down to the wire and even I had no idea who'd win until the final few minutes."