XI: Combat Classes

It has been a few days since the first day and you've been getting into the swing of things, wake up around 6:30 thanks to Delta, hang out with Jaune and Ren in the hallway for a bit, get dressed in the washroom, talk with your team and then walk to classes at 8:45. This time around it was going to be Professor Goodwitch for combat class and thankfully it was going to be one on one combat today so that meant all you had to do was go fight someone and then just watch everyone else fight, you could only hope you got someone easy to fight because it would suck if you had to actually put in effort to fight someone, effort that would be better spent sleeping.

Although almost like usual, luck wasn't on your side and you got the option to fight Eleanor, Chara or Muffet, unless of course someone volunteered to fight you but after a few seconds of waiting, it was clue no one would step up. To be honest, you were already 100% certain which person you were going to pick as soon as you heard her name and you were so happy to get her because Eleanor could literally teleport and just stab you with that needle thing and you didn't want to get stabbed with an over sized needle just yet and Chara was just scary to think about fighting.

Y/N: "I'll take on Muffet, best to get to know my partner's combat skills as quick as possible."

You inform professor Goodwitch while also giving a totally not fake reason why you chose her over the two other girls who could probably kick your ass, Muffet only looks at you a bit before giggling to herself.

Goodwitch: "Very well, the two of you go get your gear and come to the arena when you're ready."

Goodwitch ordered the two of you, to which you gave a thumbs up while Muffet simply nodded before you two walked down to the lockers together, although not without some words of encouragement from your team.

Asriel: "Alright! Show them how strong our team is you two! And remember, have fun!"

Chara: "Don't hurt each other and remember, this is nothing more than a spar."

Asriel spoke first quite cheerful as usual and even trying to encourage you two to have fun despite the fact it was going to be a fight to see who's the better fighter between you two. Chara on the other hand spoke in her usual dead tone and seemed to already trying to ensure there would be no wounded ego or pride.

You two only nodded before finally making it out of the class and toward the lockers, Muffet humming an oddly catchy and nice song to herself while you listened along to this spider's song that seemed to be encouraging you to dance along.

Y/N: "Say, what is that song you're humming?"

You decided to ask after a bit since that song was going to be stuck in your head at this rate, it was really catchy and you just had to know it so you can listen to it at your own time instead of awkwardly having to wait for her to start humming it.

Muffet: "Oh! It's my battle music deary~"

Muffet casually explained as if it should've been obvious to you, but one glance at your confused face and she only giggled to herself before shaking her head and clearing her throat.

Muffet: "Well back in the underground, our activities were limited so some monsters decided to fight one another in friendly spars and some monsters fought with sound magic so one day they begun to connect their magic attacks into beats of songs, it was beautiful to see deary~ It didn't take long for other monsters to play their own music in the background and now it's quite uncommon to fight a monster who doesn't have music."

Muffet explained as you both arrived at the lockers and begun to unlock your respective lockers, you were quite surprised that monsters got so bored they made themselves some music for a spar and if Muffet's own music was any hint, it was probably going to be some good music too.