XVII: Lost Cat and Other Mysteries

It has been a few days since you ran into RWBY down by the docks and met team CCPG and in that time, Blake had seemed to disappear from team RWBY over the weekend, which at first wasn't too concerning but with Sunday already reaching the midpoint and not a single person in your friend group had caught sight of Blake, things were starting to get a bit worrying. You'd be helping team RWBY look for Blake but right now you were finally going with Yuri to pick up some books down at Tukson's Book Trade, a place Blake had apparently visited a few times according to Yuri, which hopefully meant you could run into her there, but what were the odds of that happening? 

Yuri: "H-Here we are."

Yuri spoke up and broke you free from your thoughts at you noticed little shop with it's sign above the door and spreading across the building, two windows even had the name painted onto it and it looked quite cozy all things considered, a nice little place to relax and read books. No wonder the two book worms liked this place.

Y/N: "Thank you Yuri."

You simply thank her as she held the door open for you and you walk into the bookshop, taking a quite look around at all the shelves with rows and rows full of books of varying sizes and some just looked daunting to read through honestly. Although the most eye catching thing was the man himself, Tukson who was apparently a faunus from what both Yuri and Blake told you, but still just looking at him didn't give you too strong of an idea of what kind he could be. Oh well. 

Tukson: "Hello! Welcome to "Tukson's Book Trade", home to every book under the sun! How may I- Oh, hello again Yuri, this must be Y/N L/N then, huh?"

Yuri: "Yes, this is the one Blake and I have been telling you about. Do still have those books stored away?"

Tukson greeted you with a smile on his face before realizing Yuri was right behind you and greeting her instead and asking her if you were indeed you, something Yuri only nodded before confirming it was you before asking if he has "those books" stored away. You were curious what kind of books the two book worms thought you'd enjoy.

Tukson: "Of course, anything for my two favorite customers!"

Yuri: "Thank you Tukson."

Tukson was quick to tell her he still had those books, his smile widening as he told Yuri he still had the books before moving into the back to receive what you could only assume to be your future books. Yuri thanked him as he walked into the back, Tukson only nodded in acknowledgement before disappearing from sight. 

Y/N: "So... You and Blake talked to him about me?"

You decided to ask her something you took note of rather quickly, it was unusual to you to hear much about yourself, seeing as you kept to yourself for the most part so to have someone admit to talking about you so casual was definitely eye catching, or in this case, ear catching to you. 

Yuri: "O-Oh sorry, I didn't think you'd mind considering what you wanted to get books with me... I'm sorry, I should've asked you first."

Y/N: "It's uh... No worry, just a bit surprising is all, don't really think I'm much to talk about, you know?"

Yuri quickly apologized and begun to mumble an apology before apologizing once more making you a bit surprised before waving off her apology and explaining why you were asking about it in the first place. 

Yuri: "Oh.... Well, like I just wanted to get his opinion on what kind of books you'd like."

Y/N: "Kinda hard to pick books for someone you never even heard of before though..."

Yuri simply said as she took a moment to recompose herself before explaining what she talked to him about but you realizing just how hard it'd be to pick a book for a person you never even met.