Chapter 9

I froze in place thinking about everything. Haley knew somehow that all of this occurred in the mall and by a kid and his skateboard. She was watching the movie though. And I didn't see Thomas speak to her at all after the movie was over and while we were in the car.

My head suddenly hurt. I unlocked the front door and stepped in, hanging up my coat and falling into the couch. I visualized and remembered what the note said:

The fiasco at lunch was only the beginning of your problems. Stay away from Thomas; or else.

But it couldn't have been Haley. She doesn't seem like she'd have any reason to want me to stay away from Thomas. If it was anyone, it had to have been Megan. However she doesn't pose much of a threat considering Thomas doesn't fall for her so called 'charm'.

I let out a huge sigh. I was done thinking about this crap. I got up from the couch and made my way to my bed, where I took a peaceful nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up, it was 6:57 pm. I looked over to my phone to see it overflowing with messages from Rachel. They said:

BROOKE! LOOK ON INSTAGRAM RIGHT NOW!!

I did so, a little worried at what I was going to find. The first picture I happened to lay my eyes on was a girl in some skimpy costume with an obviously photoshopped face. It was my picture. The username was exactly what it sounded like: BrookeMhatepage. The caption had a bunch of untrue stuff about me, how I'm a slut and that I sleep with guys every week. Tears began forming at the insides of my eyes, but I fought them back.

I heard a knock at my door and quickly got up and wiped away any tears that might have fallen. When I opened it, Thomas was standing there. I ran over and hugged him.

Even though I knew he was smarter than that, I still asked, "You don't believe any of that stuff right?"

He kissed my head and replied, "Of course not, love."

I decided that it was time to tell him about the note. Who ever this hate account was, they're obviously the ones who wrote the note.

I grabbed his hand and led him towards my living room couch, and we sat down.

He had his hand resting on my lap, his soft, brown eyes staring right at me. I inhaled and began speaking. "I need to tell you something." There's a start.

"Anything," he replied calmly.

I exhaled and told him everything- about the note, what it said, my suspicions, everything.

He had the most concerned look on his face. He scooted closer and wrapped his arms around me. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Finally the tears fell. "I don't know. I didn't want to say anything and get you worried in case it was just a bluff."

"Well don't worry, we're going to find out who the bloody hell is responsible for all of this."

Thomas has always been there for me when times were tough. I just can't explain it in words how much I love him. But I need to let him know, in case we do get separated. I looked up at him, my eyes still watery with tears. "Thomas?"

He returned my gaze. "Yes love?"

I hugged him even tighter. "I love you."

"I love you too," he said, kissing my head.

We sat there in silence, something we do quite often. Thomas's presence just soothes me. Makes me forget about everything.

After a while Thomas left, leaving me at the house alone. I finished up some homework so I wouldn't have to worry about it Sunday night, took a quick shower, and went to bed.

Sunday I pretty much did nothing. Thomas was with family, and Rachel had to go to a wedding. I sat around in my pjs flipping through the tv for anything amusing to watch. I ate a sandwich, then slept. TV. Food. Sleep. That was pretty much my routine for the whole. Needless to say, I was a tiny bit looking forward to school tomorrow.