Chapter 14

I never would have thought that not being at school would be this boring. My routine is the same every day. Eat.Sleep.Tv. And to be honest, on a regular day, this would be heaven for me. But when I repeat it over and over for 5 days, it gets a little boring.

My dad has strictly not let me do anything outside of these four walls and a roof. I have to 'learn from my mistakes'. He wouldn't even let me go out in the backyard with my dog, that's how mad he was. Sure, deprive me of natural sunlight, that'll make me learn my lesson.

Thankfully, I'm allowed to go back Monday, since they gave this thing out to me Wednesday of last week. I just am not looking forward to return to all of the makeup work. And Haley.

I wonder if Thomas even knows that she is from England? I'll have to talk to him about that- along with why he hadn't talked to me for all those days. Although it doesn't really matter now, but it would be nice to know.

At around 3:23 pm, my phone buzzed. It was a text message from Thomas. It read:

Picnic in the park with me? :)

I smiled, and replied yes.

My dad wasn't home, so I could make a clean getaway. Hopefully.

I put on a simple but cute outfit, and headed out my front door.

I stepped out to see Thomas leaning against his car, wearing a flannel shirt with jeans, holding a bouquet of flowers and a picnic basket. He had the biggest smile on his face. I laughed and walked over to him.

"Hello beautiful," Thomas said once I reached him, kissing my hand.

I blushed, "Hey handsome."

We drove to the park, since it was a good distance away, and found a perfect spot on a hill. It was pretty nice outside considering it was mid-November.

Thomas lay out a blanket on the ground and we settled ourselves down. He started taking out different snacks; grapes, cute little sandwiches, and more. He pulled out a little cylinder container and a bag full of what looked like crackers.

"Biscuits and tea anyone?" Thomas asked with a cheeky grin.

I laughed and raised my hand. He pulled out two little teacups from the basket and poured tea into them. Then, he pulled out a biscuit and placed it on a napkin.

"Thank you very much," I said, sliding the treats closer to me.

Thomas nodded with a smile and we ate our goodies.

After we finished, I pulled out the bag of grapes. I held one up and Thomas opened his mouth. I threw one towards him, but it hit his forehead. We both laughed and I continued, throwing a grape at him until it finally landed in his mouth. Once it did, he raised his arms up in victory.

I laughed. "It's about time..." I joked.

Thomas stuck his tongue out, "You're just jealous that I'm the greatest grape catcher of them all."

"Yeah, you caught one after about fifty times."

I raised up another grape in my hand.

He quickly leaned over to swipe it away, when all of a sudden he tumbled on top of me, sending us rolling down the hill.

We laughed hysterically as we rolled down. I landed on top of him once we reached the bottom of the hill, my vision spinning. I finally regained focus and we were both smiling. Our hands clasped over each other, and then we kissed. Our kisses were always the best ones. The ones you could mistaken as your first one. For me, anyway.

We finally got up off of each other, now having to make the hike up the hill to get our belongings.

We gathered our things and headed back to my house.

During the car ride, I turned to Thomas. "So, I guess we're dating now?" I said with a slight smile.
Thomas nodded, having a smile on his face too. "I would think so."

I faced forward. I didn't mind having Thomas as my boyfriend at all. In fact, he was probably what I needed my entire life.