Chapter 13

Thomas and I eventually made our way back into school, ready to face the consequences. The first step we took inside, we were confronted by teachers. Behind them, I saw Haley tapping her left foot with an ice pack on her right knee.

I gulped, preparing myself for the yelling. "So. Haley told me you pushed her to the ground. Is that correct?" the woman teacher said, Ms. Smith I believe?

I nodded slowly, but just then Thomas put his arm out in front of me. "It wasn't her fault. It was mine. I deserve the full consequences." I looked over at him, my mouth wide open, but he looked dead serious. I couldn't let him take the blame for this.

This made Ms. Smith raise her eyebrow, but then she had an "ah-ha' moment. "Ah, you're the new exchange student, how cute of you to stand up for your lovely little friend. But I've already spoken with numerous students that were there when this happened, and they all said it was your friend."

"But-" he said.

"Zip!" the woman said, making a closing motion with her fingers.

She then turned to me, "Now, if you'll follow me to the office, I will issue out that suspension slip and get you on your way," she said with a creepy grin.

Suspension!? I screamed in my head.

"Woah, woah," Thomas said, holding his hand up, "A suspension? Do you even care to hear our side of the story?"

Ms. Smith stepped up, looking directly into his eyes. "As far as I'm concerned, she hit you too. That's the only story I need."

"But I-"

"I said zip!" the teacher exclaimed. "And unless you would like a suspension too, I suggest you shut it!" she spat, making the same gesture with her fingers.

Thomas finally silenced, and the teacher motioned for me to follow her. I walked behind her shamelessly into the office. My dad wasn't going to be happy that I received a suspension.

After I had to sign the slip, they escorted me out of the building and I had to call my brother to pick me up.

Once he pulled up in his truck, he looked at me dumbfounded. "You seriously got a suspension? For what?"

I sighed, climbing my way into the car. "For pushing a girl to the ground."

"Megan?"

"Uh, sure," I said buckling my seatbelt.

And off we drove, my suspension preventing me from taking a step on school grounds for a week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short but I promise the next chapter will be posted soon! :)

-crankynewt