XXIII

OMG TWO UPDATES WhOAHWHoAH

>> flashback <<

I let out a loud sigh. 

I felt like I was crashing. 

All Might came to the scene and honestly I was mentally preparing myself for the rath of heroes. 

But it never came. 

Shigaraki ran up to me, grabbing a hold of my shoulders, but keeping one finger on each side up. He didn't want to disintegrate me. He started to shake me furiously. "(Y/N)! You have to go!" 

I looked at him with wide eyes. " . . . What?" 

I watched as Shigaraki dropped his head. "You met your dad . . . You helped the kid . . . This is what you're meant to do." 

"Shigaraki-" 

"Don't! I need to you run. Get out of here. This is your chance to start over again!" 

I felt my eyes start to water slightly as his grip grew tighter. "Take it. Leave this life while you still can! Go with your dad and learn how to be good . . . If not for you . . . For me." 

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I let out a quiet cry as I wrapped my arms around Shigaraki's neck. I understand where he's coming from. With everything that happened to him, he wishes he could start again. 

But how could I leave him? 

The thought of it only hurt me more, as I hugged him tighter not wanting to let go of what we have and just leave him in the dark. He removed my grip, looking into my eyes one final time. 

"I'll miss you . . . Stay safe."

>> Flashback end <<

"I can't do this." 

"Is it the uniform? We can change it if that's what you want-" 

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "Aizawa, it's not the stupid uniform. All though I do have issues with it, that's not what I'm worried about. . ." I looked down playing with the ends of the skirt as Aizawa drove. 

"They will like you. . . Or at least learn to." 

I sighed, resting the side of my head on the window, watching all the people walking, the green trees, the kids laughing. 

"I remember playing on a swing . . . It was hung on a tree that was outside our house. Mother would take me every day before bed . . ." 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him tense up. I couldn't help but smirk slightly. "I didn't get to have a normal childhood. I don't even know what the hell 'normal' is. That's why I'm worried."

I sighed softly, recollecting my thoughts. 

"I understand if they don't trust me. I wouldn't. Not after trying to have killed them not once but twice. I could be spying for all they know. They will hate me and I don't blame them. I hate myself too . . . " 

It was silent. 

It's like Aizawa didn't dare to say anything. 

We finally reached the school's parking lot. When the car stopped, I went to remove my seatbelt but a hand stopped mine. I looked up at Aizawa as he stared at his hand over my own. I was frozen. What was I supposed to do? 

"I'm sorry." 

I rolled my eyes, sinking deeper into the chair. "Here we go again-" 

"I'm serious.  I'm so, so sorry that I wasn't there and-"