Chapter ten

first person point of view

I just couldn't believe it. Alessio Scalzotto having feelings for me? No. Impossible. So I just ran. The faster I could, the most far I could. I know I should have stayed there, but I couldn't.

I arrived to my house, 1 hour later all sweaty and out of breathe. My mom asked me how I was doing and I lied. I went in my room and cried. All the tears in my body, reserved for this moment, came out of my green eyes.
My mind is such a disaster right now. I thought of Alessio, of Jack, of what I would tell Ava. I know that I needed to talk to Alessio but I wasn't ready for that. Why couldn't he just put a post-it in front of his door saying: oh yeah sorry I'm about to say that I like you!
I would have been warned.

Ding!
A message. It was Alessio. Shit!

Alessio
Sam?
Sam
yeah?
Alessio
I'm sorry. Like really sorry. I know you weren't ready to hear this. I know that you like Jack and all but... I couldn't lie to you or even to myself anymore. Sorry.
Sam
Don't feel bad ok? I'm sorry I ran away I just... idk
Alessio
Yeah my mom was about to call the police because she thought you ran away like to an other country.
Sam
yeah... sorry. But why? I mean... why after all of theses years, you didn't make a move, you never hinted that u had a... crush... on me.
Alessio
I guess I was scared. But remember that you didn't too.
Sam
can I have time? I need to think.
Alessio
ok.

After that text conversation, I went to Ava's and told her everything. She tried to help me but I think she knew I didn't need help but time. And I also needed a bestfriend, and Ava knew it so she took care of me. She invited me to parties, she organized sleepover at her house so I can have a bit of fun in this "messy" moment.

Jack called too. I told him I needed a bit of time to put all of this in order. He said it wad okay and that he would like to see me when I'm better.