07

hongjoong sat across from seonghwa. the taller having invited him over to his apartment for the two to talk. 

he was currently processing everything that seonghwa had said about the situation. thinking and re thinking about everything he had said. but one thing stuck in his mind.

"you said they were rumours, right?" he asked, the male across from him looking up to meet his eyes.

"yeah, they were rumours." 

"so how do you know that yeosang was the one telling people that?" hongjoong wanted to see if seonghwa even knew he was stupid. or if it just passed over his head.

"because, thats what my girlfriend at the time said!" he replied, not understanding why hognjoong needed to bring him up on it. not seeing his point.

"but did yeosang ever say that?"

"what?"

"did he, himself, ever say that he spread the rumours." he kept pressing, from what wooyoung had told him of yeosang. it sounded like he wouldn't ever do that to someone he truly cared about. especially if the person could find out about it.

"when I brought him up on it he kept denying it." it was starting to come through what hongjoong was saying about the situation.

"well, don't you think that he actually didn't do it." hongjoong spoke.

seonghwa seemed annoyed by this, rolling his eyes. "but who else could have done it?"

hongjoong sighed, "rumours are called rumours for a reason. you can find out whether or not they are true, but you'll never know who started them."

he had a point. plus seonghwa never actually listened to yeosangs side of the story. only listening to what he wanted to hear. ignoring everything.

"I think you should talk to him." hongjoong sipped the tea seonghwa had given him before he started talking.

"why would I do that?" 

"are you dumb?" hongjoong looked at the male in disbelief. "to get his side of the story dumbass."

"I doubt he'd even remember." seonghwa sighed to himself, not exactly wanting to talk to his ex-best friend. but also pushing down the feeling of how much he missed having him by his side.

"are you kidding me?" 

"what?"

"that would be the only reason he doesn't like you! I mean apart from the fact you outed him to everyone and he wasn't ready for it!" hongjoong was practically shouting at this point. trying to get something through seonghwa's brain.

"I mean I guess I could ask to him?" 

hongjoong almost punched the air out of sheer happiness that the male was actually going to do something. but he kept his composure. announcing to the male he had to leave.

"oh hwa, remember that your's and yeosangs photoshoot together is officially released on Friday." the males then waved and left. 

leaving seonghwa sat alone in his apartment. thinking briefly, then calling a number he'd thought he had forgotten.

---

"okay so what I'm getting from this is that seonghwa was a dick-"

"still is."

"yeo just be quiet please. also that something must have brought him to tell everyone you were gay. can you really not remember?"

"the only thing I remember is him talking about some kind of rumours, but I never actually found out."

"talk to him." wooyoung calmly suggested, sitting back and watching his friend's face shrivel up in horror.

"why should I have to talk to him."

"yeo its been like 4 almost 5 years since it happened. you need to sort it out between yourselves."

wooyoung was right. even though as much as he thought he'd be able to move on without the older male, every time he saw him something in his heart just clenched.

at the time that everything had happened, he had like seonghwa for almost 2 years. but then everything happened.

but the feelings never seemed to go away completely.

when they were doing the shoot together, as strong as the hatred towards the taller was, the feeling that they could have just been friends was stronger. 

although rather than his heart beating rapidly because he like the male, it was more from sadness. constantly being around him just made it worse. now that they had been offered more oppourtunities together, it would make sense to sort out their problems with each other.

but that was only if both of them were willing to do so.

"I guess I'll talk to him."

wooyoung almost screeched, although that would have been slightly embarrassing for the two as they were sat in their favourite cafe. and they didn't exactly want to get banned.

he was happy that he was hopefully going to get over the past that they had together. there were times when yeosang had flashbacks to everything that had happened.

the way that after he had been bullied for being gay, he then went on to sleep with any older man he could find. wanting validation more than anything. but in the end all he seemed to get was pain.

it was time to end that part of his life.

if the two would be able to restart. make new memories. or hopefully at least not hate each other.

yeosang and wooyoung both headed out of the cafe, each heading in opposite directions.

as yeosang walked home he appreciated the way everything around him look, wanting to take his mind off talking to the taller male.

walking past a park. where, even though it was late, there were still teenagers playing basketball or sliding down the slides while there were no smaller children around. he smiled towards this, contiunueing his walk back his apartment.

unlocking his door, he dropped onto his bed. but a moment of silence was interrupted by a phone call. he thought it would be one of his friends maybe yunho had had a bad day. jongho maybe needed someone to play video games with, or even wooyoung wanted to come watch movies with him.

but he was surprised by the voice he heard on the other end of the line, "hello?"

"yeosang, can I talk to you?"

~~~

the angsty stuff is over

for now