27

"what do you mean?"

"I don't think I can do this anymore yeosang."

yeosang stood in front of his boyfriend, the two both looking towards one another. seonghwa sighed, seeming slightly annoyed. which confused yeosang greatly.

"but what do you mean by that?" the younger male felt a pain in his chest, tears threatening to fall at any second. 

"I can't do this." seonghwa motioned to the two of them, "us."

yeosang felt his heart break.

was this the same person who asked for him not to leave? 

was he still his best friend?

what was happening?

"...us." yeosang repeated the word. feeling how bitter it felt on his tongue. "what changed your mind?" he tried to keep himself strong, but the tears that had spilled ruined his facade.  

"I just," seonghwa took a breath. seeming to think about his answer. "I just don't think I love you anymore."

"to be honest I'm not sure I ever really loved you."

every word the other male spoke broke his heart a little more.

sharply intaking a breath.

his shoulders slumping.

"you never loved me?" yeosang questioned, his voice breaking. the two still stood opposite each other, neither of them moving.

"I-i'm not sure." seonghwa just looked down. "all I know is, I can't do us anymore."

"sorry."

seonghwa?

seonghwa

hwa

no.

this wasn't real

"yeosang, wake up please."

wasn't that his voice?

"yeo, please."

his voice.

the faint sound of sobbing filled yeosangs being. not knowing exactly what was going on he couldn't do anything. 

he couldn't move.

he couldn't talk.

he wasn't entirely sure he was breathing.

was this the end?

would he ever see seonghwa again. he needed to know if that was real. if anything he felt at this moment was real.

the sobbing continued, yeosang could hear it clearly. coming from his side. he felt a presence, but he couldn't place where it was coming from.

he began to see a bright white, something seemed as if it were opening up in front of him.

he felt overcome with an urge to follow it.

---

seonghwa had rushed yeosang to the nearest hospital. he couldn't lose him.

there was no way he would.

as soon as he entered the tall doctor that they had seen before saw him. he saw yeosang laying limp in his arms. the disheveled appearance of the older.