08

the day was almost coming to a close. the sun sinking lower on the horizon, leaving the sky as a mix of purple and darker blue, shifting into a more yellow colour the further the sun sank.

two males sat across from each other. both of them had agreed the day previous that they would meet at this very place.

why?

because it was where they used to spend all of their time together when they were younger, before everything happened.

but now they were sat across from each other, not as friends but as two people trying to repair what they once had. or at least try to fix some of it.

since they had arrived neither of the two had said anything. both of them just kind of staring at the other. it seemed that they were thinking about what they were going to say. eventually one of the males spoke up.

"so, uh, yeosang?" seonghwa started the conversation. he couldn't stand the silence anymore, yeosang was also thankful as it was quite awkward.

"yeah."

"you know, like the last months of school? can we talk about them." yeosang gulped, this was what he wanted to talk about too. but now that it was time to actually talk about it, he felt like running away.

"what about them?" yeosang knew what seonghwa wanted to talk about too, but he wanted to hear him say it himself.

the older sighed, staying silent for a few seconds before looking at yeosang and almost whispering a small, "I'm sorry."

the smaller male could see the sincerity in his eyes, he knew he meant it. but he still needed to know why he did it.

"it's nice being sorry, but why did you do it in the first place?" yeosang questioned, he needed to know.

"it was the same day that eunji broke up with me, and that was because of rumours that apparently you had spread about me." seonghwa replied, looking down towards the table. thinking back over it he doesn't know why he didn't think more about what he was doing.

"what were the rumours."

"that I had been cheating on eunji for months." yeosang scoffed.

"and you really think I would say anything like that?" yeosang raised his voice slightly, feeling annoyed.

seonghwa didn't reply, just looking down towards his hands. feeling annoyed at his past self.

"seonghwa, I was your fucking best friend and you really think I'd want to spread any rumours about you?" yeosang looked towards the male who was still looking at his hands, before he too pulled his head up.

"I know, I was super idiotic and to be honest yeo I don't think I've really changed. at the time I thought that because you were gay you liked me and that was why you spread the rumours. but you didn't even spread them and I was really wrong."

the two looked towards each other, silence hanging in the air. waiting for someone to speak again. so seonghwa continued.

"but I regretted what I did almost immediately, I tried to convince myself you deserved it but you just didn't and I felt like shit. I wanted so bad to come back to you and say I was sorry, but by the time I got the courage to do so it was the summer. I heard you were moving to the city. I didn't get a chance."

seonghwa felt his vision going blurry, willing himself not to cry. but he couldn't help the fact that he had missed yeosang.

yeosang noticed this so he began, "that was such a shit thing to do. I honestly don't think I could have forgiven you for it. but people change and so you must have changed in some way. although, I'm not going to forgive you yet. after school finished my life was on a steep downhill for almost 3 years before wooyoung saved me from it all. you'll have to prove you're worth forgiving."

yeosang decided to miss out the part that seonghwa was partly telling the truth. it was true that he was jealous, and that he did like the older. but then he would never spread any rumours about anyone. he wasn't sure if those feeling had lingered or if they had completely disappeared over the past years. he was sure he was going to find out eventually.

"so," seonghwa began, "can we at least be friends again?" he wanted to see yeosang more often than he did. he couldn't lie and say that he didn't think about yeosang for a lot of the past years. he also could say that after he came out as bisexual, yeosang was the first person he wanted to tell.

yeosang wanted to be back to how they were before the drama, but that could only happen over time. it wouldn't be an instant thing. they wouldn't immediately reset to how they were. but anything was progress from how hostile they had been to each other.

"I guess we could be friends again."

the two locked eyes, both crumpling into smiles. eyes shining bright for the both of them.

this was the start of something new for the two males. as they stared into each others eyes, both of them couldn't help but feel their hearts flutter with mix of excitement and happiness. a weight being lifted. no longer feeling brought down by the fact they could see each other.

obviously they weren't going to forget about what had happened in the past. it would be impossible to do so. 

instead they were going to move past it. being the adults they were supposed to be and solving things civilly. moving onto a new stage of their relationship.

mending, rebuilding.

fixing it so that everything could be how it was before, maybe even progressing further.

but that would all be further in the future. all that mattered now is that they had each other again. no more hate. no more death glares. no more salty comebacks (okay, maybe still a few).

more of the two trusting each other, finding someone to share everything to again. mending what they had before.

and in one of the males hearts, he felt it speed up. showing him more of what he already knew. but only time would say what would happen

he couldn't say he liked the other, not yet.

~~~

why did I choose to do maths

I hate me :(

bitches be excited about ateez new comeback in October

it's us

we bitches