22

bare white walls were the only thing that had been filling seonghwa's view for the past two weeks. as well as the sight of a ghostly yeosang laying unconscious on the hospital bed in front of him.

the younger male's mother had to leave the city a few days after the accident, seonghwa assuring her that he would call if yeosang eventually did wake.

but hadn't.

at least not yet.

all their other friends had came and went, all of them offering to spend a night so that seonghwa would be able to go home and sleep, or at least have something better to eat than vending machine meals. (and the occasional proper meal that the nurses gave him.)

but each time they offered he refused. claiming that he needed to be there when yeosang woke up. which they couldn't say anything to, they would do the same for the people they loved.

wooyoung had stayed one night, as well as jongho and yunho both spending a night there each. san, mingi and hongjoong also each staying a night, both to stay with yeosang but also to keep seonghwa company. even though he was constantly next to yeosang, they thought an extra friend would make the atmosphere less heavy.

it was onto the second day of week three, early hours of the morning. the clock showing 2:36am.

seonghwa was doing what he had done every other night, trying not to fall asleep. however with the room being silent, and only the occasional bleeping of yeosang's heart monitor in the background, it was slightly hard not to.

normally so that he would be able to keep himself awake he liked to sing to the younger. or talk himself to sleep.

so tonight was just the same, selecting a song from his memory he decided on which one he would want to sing to yeosang as he lay on the hospital bed before him.

he thought that by singing to the younger, it would help him wake up faster. which is why he sang endlessly, talking nonstop if he wasn't singing something to the younger.

the stars glistened outside the window as he thought of a song he wanted to sing, taking a sip of water and clearing his throat slightly before starting to sing.

"yeah, i was lost, i was tryna find the answer
in the world around me
yeah, i was going crazy
all day, all night
you're the only one who understood me
and all that i was going through
yeah, i just gotta tell you
oh baby, i

i could make it better
i could hold you tighter
'cause through the morning
oh, you're the light
and i almost lost ya
but i can't forget ya
'cause you were the reason i survived

you were there for me through all the times i cried
i was there for you but then i lost my mind
i know that i messed up but i promise, i
oh-oh, i can make it right"

after finishing the final line, soenghwa felt his eyelids closing. he almost would have fallen asleep.

"you know, I really don't understand why you didnt become a singer."

the older male's eyes shot open, looking towards the source of the croaky deep voice.

"yeosang!"

he practically jumped on the male, hugging him as tight as he could. the younger stoked his hair in response. noticing how the older of the two kept sniffling while his face was buried in the younger's chest.

"why are you crying?" yeosang lifted the older's chin so that they made eye contact. oh how seonghwa had missed those eyes.

"b-because we argued and then the next thing I saw was you unconscious and having been hit by a car, and the doctor said that there was a chance you might n-not wake up, s-so I was scared that I wouldn't be able to fix our relationship because I love you so much and I want you to know that and-"

his rambling was swiftly cut off by a short kiss from yeosang, and after the two pulled away seonghwa realised that he should probably go and get the doctor.

he rushed out the room, leaving yeosang sat smiling into space. 

truthfully he had a hazy memory of what had happened before he had gotten into an accident, although he barely remembered getting into an accident at all.

the last thing he seemed to remember was slamming seonghwa's apartment door closed, everything after that seemed blurry. as well as a lot of events before then. 

however he still seemed to remember who seonghwa was, didn't he?

stopping yeosang from thinking any further, seonghwa returned with the doctor and a nurse following behind him.

the doctor stood in front of the male, holding his clipboard with him. ready to question him. it seemed weird that this was happening as soon as he woke up, however the doctor said they would question him again in the morning and compare the answers.

"now, I want you to tell me if you can remember your name?" the doctor asked, seonghwa's eyes watching the younger as he sat once again in the chair next to the hospital bed.

"yeosang." 

"your full name?"

"kang yeosang."

the doctor noted this down, making notes as he asked some more questions. a few different areas so that he could test the different areas of the brain to see if they were all working correctly. finally he ended with one last question, pointing towards seonghwa, who seemed to have fallen asleep slightly on the chair.

"do you remember him?"

"yes."

"can you tell me his name?"

"seonghwa, park seonghwa."

the doctor nodded, "and his relationship to you?"

yeosang looked towards seonghwa sleeping on the chair, he didn't need to think about the answer. he already knew.

"he's my boyfriend."

the doctor smiled, nodding once more. "perfect. I'll be back later on in the morning to check on you again."

yeosang thanked the doctor, watching as he left the room behind the nurse that was in there with them. once they had left he turned to face seonghwa, who seemed to be half awake.

the younger male was happy that he seemed to remember a lot, which hopefully meant that he shouldn't have been affected too much by the trauma of what had happened.

seonghwa climbed into the bed next to yeosang, who shuffled over to make more room. falling asleep in his arms almost instantly, yeosang stroking his hair gently as he slept.

it was nice. quiet within the hospital room. not the most ideal place for cuddles, but you can never turn down the opportunity to cuddle with your loved ones.

as seonghwa was asleep he seemed to look up towards yeosang, hugging him tighter before murmuring in his sleep.

"don't ever leave me, okay? I want to be with you forever."

"don't worry, I'll never leave you."

~~~

soft seongsang