Chapter 2

"Keefe! Wake up, you have an interview for Teen Magazine in two hours!" My dad yelled

That's my daddy dearest for you. All he ever cares about is the money he gets from the fact that I am a celebrity. Money this, money that, do this interview, sing at this concert they pay big, that's all he ever says to me. Sometimes I was just a normal teen with a normal family and a normal life, but life isn't always fair.

"Keefe, I am not going to repeat your name, come down here!" My dad yelled once again.

"Might as well get this thing over with." I said to myself.

I got up and took a shower, styled The Hair, and put on the clothes my personal tailor picked out for me. I opened my bedroom door and made my way towards the large staircase. I took a seat in one of the chairs in the dining room across from my dad.

"So you finally decided it was a good idea to listen to your father. You should do that more often Keefe. Maybe then you will be less of a disappointment." My dad spat at me with a look of disgust on his face.

I sighed and picked at my food. "Is it too much to ask for a better father?" I mumbled to myself.

Just then my mom walked in on the phone as always. She was a well known business woman throughout the country. So she is almost never home and always glued to her desk chair and her phone. It's rare if she talks to me which makes my life so much better. No mom, bad dad, and crazy life. That's me in a nutshell.

My driver, Ro, walked in and looked toward me "Sir, your ride is ready."

" You don't have to have to call me 'Sir' you know." I said as I followed her out the front door.

"Sorry Keefe, I'm just afraid of calling you 'Keefe' in front of your father. You know he takes your career seriously." She replied shuddering at the thought of my dad as she opened the car door for me.

"Yep, that's my dad...." I said a little quieter to myself.

I sat in my seat and pulled out my phone to reveal at least 60 or more irrelevant messages from my "girlfriend" Kaitlyn, that read something like "Keefiepoo should I wear dark or light pink today?" and "Keefie do you like my hair in curls or waves?". I mentally sighed. I don't actually like Kaitlyn, but since her parents are well known directors in the film industry, my dad wants me to date her for the money. It's just my luck that Kaitlyn had to be the stereotypical valley girl that wants everything. I decided to ignore the texts and take a minute to breathe and contemplate my life. I looked out the window to find something interesting enough to get my mind off of everything stressful at the moment and my eyes were caught on the sight of a confused and tired looking girl.

"Hey Ro, can you slow down for a second? I think this girl is lost." I said my eyes still focused on the girl who was now sitting on the pavement checking her watch.

"Sure Keefe." She said with a smirk on her face.

I rolled down my window "Are you lost?" I asked.

The girl quickly got up and shook her head "Actually I was just getting ready to go now, so I don't need your help." She said with a failed attempt to look confident.

I knew she was lying by the look on her face. "Are you sure, because you look lost to me." I said with my trademark smirk.

The girl hesitated a little, " I might be a little lost, but I am not going into a car with a guy I don't even know!"

Then something hit me, this girl didn't recognize me. "Wait you don't know me-" I stopped myself.

I was surprised that I didn't expect a crazed fan girl asking for my autograph. I realized that for once I could be myself in front of someone-be a normal teen for once in my life without being bombarded with personal questions by a random person. I decided to keep quiet.

"Am I supposed to know you?" She asked cautiously.

"Oh-um-no no, you don't know me" I stuttered out. I took a deep breath. "Anyways," I said after recovering from mini breakdown, "I think I should give you a ride, because you are obviously lost."

The girl's face turned a bright shade of red. "I am not lost!"

"Keep telling yourself that. Ro can you escort this young lady into the limo!" I said with a satisfied smirk on my face.

She gaped at me as Ro got out and led her towards the limo. Once she sat inside she blushed.

"You really don't have to do this." She said trying to cover blush with her hair.

"Yes I have to! I can't just leave a pretty girl like you on the streets!" I blurted out then held back a blush. I can't believe I just said that to her.

She blushed even harder. "I never got your name." She said obviously trying to change the subject.

"Oh yeah my name is Kee-" I stopped myself before I told her my real name. "It's Keith...yeah my name is Keith." I said." Keith" really Keefe that's the best name you could think of?! I thought to myself.

"Sophie, Sophie Foster" She said. Foster. That sounds like a perfect nickname. Sophie frowned at herself then.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Did I say something wrong?

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." She said. I knew she was lying but I didn't pressure her.

"So...it would be nice if you could tell me where you were headed." I said trying to change the subject.

That got her attention. "Oh yeah, I was going to Brooklyn High School." she said, her ears red with embarrassment.

I recognized the name from a building I passed by when I first got to Manhattan. "That's not far from here. We should be there in no time."

She sighed in relief and I smirked and sat back.

Then I heard my phone ring.

AN: And that's the end of Chapter 2! I'm sorry for not updating quicker but with school and extracurricular activities I'm overwhelmed. I'm going to try to update quicker this time! Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter everyone!

-- Signing out

~Mika :)