Chapter 22

quick AN : the songs mentioned in this chapter //do not// belong to me!!

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Hey Sophie..." Keefe said, hesitant.

Sophie couldn't believe it. He was here. Keefe Sencen was here. She knew something would go wrong. But this was the worst case scenario.

Why can't he just leave me alone?

Sophie couldn't get herself out of a lot of things. This was one of them.

"What are you doing here?" Sophie spat, not caring to hide her annoyance.

"Look Sophie, I didn't mean what I said before!  I was a jerk, and I'm sorry." Keefe said, stepping closer to her.

As he took a step closer, she took a step back. She couldn't give in. Not after what he said. She didn't want to get hurt again.

"You really think that's it? You think you can just waltz into my school, act all charming so I can forgive you, then hurt me again," Sophie was on the verge of tears. "Keefe you've already lied, and hurt me before, how can I trust that you won't do it again?" she said, quieter.

This time when Keefe stepped forward, she didn't back up. "Because, I know what I did was idiotic. And I know that you might never fully forgive me, but I want another chance. Please."

Sophie looked away from him. "Leave me alone."

"You won't even look at me. That's how much you hate me." Keefe sighed, avoiding her eyes.

"Keefe I don't hate—" she started.

"You've given me too many reasons that would make you though." he murmured.

"But I don't, Keefe." Sophie said, softly.

She knew she was giving in. She was falling hard. Falling hard for the broken boy who hurt her.

But she also hurt him. Opened more wounds of heartbreak. Broke an already broken boy.

She also knew that if she was going to fall, it was going to be Keefe who would catch her.

Will I regret this?

Keefe sighed again, and for the first time that night, Sophie looked at him.

He was wearing a white button-up, and his hair was disheveled as usual. But she also noticed something else. Something strapped around his back.

A guitar.

In attempt to change the subject, Sophie spoke up. "So, I see you've been experimenting with some new hobbies..." she motioned to the guitar.

Keefe's cheeks tinted red. "Yeah, there's a lot you don't know about me. Playing instruments is one of them." he gave her a small grin.