Chapter 7

"Ok this was hands down one of the best days I've had" Keefe said to Fitz

He walked over to sit next to Fitz to enjoy the lemonade and ripplefluffs Della had brought out a little while ago.

Fitz and Keefe had spent the last hour and a half playing a variety of childhood games they created as kids. And to Keefe it was worth acting like a happy, carefree nine year old kid again when he was with Fitz.

"I'm happy that I could see you today Keefe. It felt like...back when we were kids." Fitz grinned

"We don't have to be kids to play like them" Keefe joked throwing the football in his hands in the air.

Fitz rolled his eyes as Keefe laughed at his friend's reaction.

Keefe smirked and put the football out towards Fitz, "Can we play one more game of tackle bramble, please?"

"Fine, but this is the last time. I'm seriously worn out."

Keefe ran out to the field with Fitz behind him. He threw the ball at Fitz who would have caught it with ease if it hadn't been for a high pitched scream that almost took out their eardrums.

"What the heck was that?!" Keefe said turning around catching a glance of two blonde girls outside of the gates.

The girl who Keefe assumed had screamed because her hand was over her mouth had long blonde hair with braids embedded through it. She had ice blue eyes that almost matched his own which freaked him out a bit.

But what freaked him out the most was the girl standing next to her. Her eyes wide and her jaw dropped a little as she stared at him in disbelief and he stared back with the same look.

Fitz stood next to him confused, "Wait what's going on? You know her?"

Keefe ignored Fitz and opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

Finally, the girl who had screamed spoke up after a moment of awkward silence.

"Um so just as like...a confirmation...are you the Keefe Sencen? You know...like the singer..."

Keefe cleared his throat and gave her a small nod. Her eyes nearly became wider than the girl next to her who still hadn't spoken.

Sophie.

°°°°°°°°°***°°°°°°°°°

Sophie still didn't get it.

Why did he lie to her?

Did she say something wrong to him?

Did she offend him?

Did he strike her as untrustworthy?

If he had a reason he didn't say while she was staring at him like an idiot for a long time.

He had just stared back with the same confused and surprised face that she had until Marella broke the silence. Sophie had never been so thankful for the interruption.

"Um so just as like...a confirmation...are you the Keefe Sencen? You know...like the singer..."

Keefe gave Marella a nod and Sophie continued to stare at him in disbelief.

Stop staring Sophie. Stop it.

"Sophie."

Sophie flinched and blinked back to reality.

It took her a second to realize Keefe had just said her name.

But Keefe didn't wait for Sophie to reply, "I guess I didn't have to wait long to see you again Foster." He said it so easily as if he were never nervous before this.

"I...uh..." Sophie couldn't find any words to say.

She didn't understand why she couldn't talk to him now. She was fine earlier.

Ugh why do I have to have a nervous breakdown now? Of all the times...

She closed her eyes then opened them to look at Marella.

"I..I'm not feeling very well...can we go now?" She said loud enough for Keefe to hear but quiet enough that it was almost secretive.

Keefe gave her a confused, hurt look. Sophie locked eyes with him one last time and gave him an apologetic look. She promised herself that day that she would make it up to him.

°*°*°*°*°*°

Keefe was confused.

Very confused.

Even though he only had known Foster for a day be knew something was off about her. She had just walked away without saying hardly anything to him.

Or maybe he didn't know her at all.

Keefe sighed, he knew did something wrong.

Did he say something wrong to her?

Or was it something he did?

Keefe had come back to his hotel an hour before after leaving Fitz's house after his and Sophie's little 'reunion' of sorts.

He sat on the hotel room bed while he thought. Thought of what he did wrong. Thought of what he could do to fix this.

But at the same time he thought, 'Why am I worrying about a girl I haven't even known for a day?'

Keefe tore his fingers through his hair in frustration, "Ugh, what is wrong with me? Why is this so hard?"

°°°°°°***°°°°°°

AN: I apologize this took so long to write even though it wasn't that long in my opinion. Now that all my Midterms and Major tests are done I can get back to updating more regularly. Again I'm really sorry I'm not very active anymore but I will try to be in the following months!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did (Their obliviousness kills me xD) and don't forget to comment and vote!