Chapter 8

"What was that all about?!" Marella exclaimed, "You do realize that Keefe Sencen talked to you right?"

"Yeah I think I'd know that by now"

"I don't understand how you are so chill right now! If Keefe talked to me I would be having like a whole mental breakdown."

"Can we not talk about him for like 5 minutes?" Or just never bring him up again. But Sophie knew better to hold that back.

She didn't know why she was making such a big deal about this. She didn't even know this guy. Heck, he was a celebrity and she didn't even know him then. She was an idiot for thinking that he trusted her of all the people.

Marella kept pacing back and forth on Sophie's flower woven carpet floor as she muttered incoherent words to herself in disbelief.

Sophie stood up from her comfortable spot on her chair and sighed, "Ok we both need to chill. Let's go out for Starbucks."

"That sounds like the best idea you've had for a long time. But still you met Keefe and he talked-"

"I don't want to hear it Marella. Let's go!" Sophie grabbed Marella's arm and led her out of the room.

Marella and Sophie quickly ran down the steps, trying to avoid Sophie's stepmother, Caroline. Sophie unlocked the front door and opened it quietly hoping Caroline was relaxing at the spa and couldn't hear them. She closed the door and breathed a sigh of relief.

"At least Caroline won't ruin the day this time." Sophie said as she and Marella walked out towards the sidewalk.

Marella smirked, "Yup, it gives me time to get some tea about you know who from you..."

"Marella!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!"

*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

"Can I get an iced caramel coffee with extra creme and a mocha frappichino with extra whipped cream, and go light on the chocolate sauce" Marella said like the sassy queen she is.

The cashier left to make our drinks and Sophie and Marella headed over to the seats to find a table. They found one by the windows and sat down.

"Soo, are you going to tell me what actually happened like ever?"

"Marella I really don't want to talk about it."

"Ok fine, but expect me to forget this anytime soon. Anyhoo, I think I'm satisfied with the fact that I totally got revenge on Stina today. She definitely deserved it."

Sophie was relieved that Marella changed the subject and tried to enjoy herself then. She needed times like this where her life could take a pause and she could just live in the moment.

They spent the entire day there. Laughing and talking and enjoying the moment, like they were best friends.

And that was thing. Sophie knew that she made her first friend. First Real Friend.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*

AN:

That was a short but sweet chapter. I thought this book needed more Sophie and Marella friendship so here we are. From now on I'm going to start updating in shorter lengths because I think it's easier for me with my crazy schedule. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter (that made me nostalgic for book one)

Don't forget to comment and vote!

-Mika