Chapter 12

Sophie knew if she stayed locked up in her room any longer, Jade and Aria would notice

But she also knew that they wouldn't care.

"Ugh I can't do this. I need help" Sophie muttered to herself.

She picked up her phone off her nightstand, and pressed on her contacts. She scrolled through until she found the number she wanted.

Her finger hovered over the contact for a second before she pressed on it.

Then she waited.

. . .

"Hello? Sophie?"

"Marella, I'm so glad you answered!" Sophie said, relieved.

"Yeah, anytime. What's up?"

Sophie hesitated.

"What do you do when you're irritated?" Sophie said, bluntly.

"Sophie. . . do you want to talk? You seem- off."

"No I'm fine, really. Just a little annoyed at someone." Sophie said, cringing at her lie.

Marella stayed quiet on the other end for a second before replying.

"I go on a walk when I want some space from my mom. Maybe that will help."

"That might help. Thanks Marella, I really needed some advice right now."

Sophie could almost feel Marella's smile through the phone.

"Anytime Soph, and i just want you to know that if you need to talk. . . I'm always here."

Sophie didn't know what to say for a moment. She wasn't used to anyone caring, nor on top of that anyone asking if she was okay. It was something new for her, and for once she actually liked it.

"Thanks Marella, for literally everything." Sophie grinned, "I'll call you later." she added.

"K, see ya Sophie!"

Marella hung up, and Sophie sat there thinking of what to do.

I should probably go outside before I go insane. Maybe Marella is right.

She got up and put her hair up in a ponytail, before throwing on a jacket and shoes, and headed outside.

⁂︎⁂︎⁂︎

breathe in. breathe out.

Sophie had been telling herself that for most of the time she was walking. And Marella's advice helped, if she was inside any longer she would have punched a wall.

Sophie closed her eyes, while taking deep breaths to calm herself.

But of course her clumsy self couldn't go on a walk without running into someone.

"Ahh!" Sophie nearly tripped and fell, but caught herself before falling on top of the person.

"Woah, are you ok?!" Someone said, genuinely concerned.

Sophie looked, and what she saw she really liked.

He was tall, way taller than herself. His dark brown hair was carefully styled, and his eyes. . .

Well his eyes were teal.

Very Teal.

And he was very attractive.

Sophie internally panicked. She just ran into some super model looking boy on her street. And he talked to her. And she froze.

Snap out of it Sophie. Snap out of it !

"Oh I-I, um h-hi" Sophie said, stuttering.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking. My sister was rushing me." He said with a lopsided grin

"No, it's fine. I had my eyes closed so I wouldn't have seen you anyways." She said, sheepishly.

"FITZ, WHY DID YOU STOP WALKING." A girl that looked similar to the boy yelled, as she ran to them.

The boy sighed as the girl stopped next to him. She gave Sophie a curious look.

"Hi! I'm Biana, and this idiot of a brother I have is Fitz!" Biana waved.

"Biana. That was not funny." Fitz said, annoyed.

Biana rolled her eyes. " It's so nice to finally have a girl in the nieghborhood. I'm done with boys."

Sophie held back a giggle.

Biana grabbed her hand and kept walking, "You should totally come with us ! We're going to the smoothie shop down the street. You will love it. Omg, you should come over. We can do each other's nails, and hair!" She said it so fast, Sophie didn't know if she got everything Biana said.

But Sophie also knew that she didn't want to go home.

Especially not now.

"I'd love to go with you, and I needed something to do today anyways." Sophie replied.

Biana jumped up and down like a little girl. "Yay! We totally have to be friends! Eek!" She kept on rambling about all the things that they would do together.

And Sophie?

Well Sophie couldn't stop thinking about how she just made a new friend.

⁂︎⁂︎⁂︎

AN:

Ok whaaattt??! I updated in like less than three days? yes, yes i did. And expect more of that because now that i have wayyy less homework, I have more time to write. Don't forget to vote && comment, it would be greatly appreciated ! ♡︎