Chapter 11

"So where do you want to go first?"Sophie asked, looking at the virtual map on her phone

Sophie asked, looking at the virtual map on her phone.

"Hmm, I don't know Foster. You are showing me around, so naturally you should choose." Keefe smirked.

Sophie's eyes brightened. "How about The Statue of Liberty? Oh, and Central Park! And you have to see Times Square. . ."

Keefe started laughing, and Sophie raised an eyebrow.

"What?" Sophie questioned him.

"You were rambling Foster."

Sophie blushed and looked down in embarrassment, "I was? Sorry it's just-"

"It's just that you are super excited to show the one and only Keefster around New York?" Keefe finished for her and smirked.

Sophie giggled and rolled her eyes, " Sure Keefe. That's totally why."

They drove on, stopping to take pictures. Keefe was having the time of his life, probably because this is one of the only times he's actually enjoyed life.

Finally, they stopped at Times Square, after a long day of sightseeing to have lunch.

Sophie insisted she didn't have an appetite for any meal, so instead they went to the nearest coffee shop. Which also happened to be Sophie's favorite.

They were about to go inside, before Keefe remembered that he was in public.

Then it hit him. Anyone here could know him. Then there would be staring. questions. possibly squealing. and the occasional picture.

Keefe stopped Sophie from entering, and pulled her aside. She looked at him weirdly.

"What the heck Keefe? If there was an issue you could have just told me, not pull my arm." She said, rubbing her wrist.

"Shh, we have to keep our voices down. We don't want to attract attention.". Keefe said, putting a finger to his mouth.

Sophie narrowed her eyes, but then her eyes widened as she realized what Keefe meant.

"Right. I'm with Keefe Sencen. Literally everyone knows you."

Sophie sighed, "Look, I can go in, get our orders and I'll meet you back at the car. Sound good?."

Keefe smirked. "Anything sounds good when you say it."

Sophie's face reddened, "Okay, I'm going to get our stuff." She turned away going inside the cafe.

⁂︎⁂︎⁂︎

Keefe knew it wasn't a good idea to stay out there. He felt like something or someone was watching him, but he always seemed to feel paranoid, so this time he decided to shrug it off.

Sophie walked out of the cafe then, holding two drinks and a mini bag, most likely with treats inside. She looked at him confused.

"I thought you were supposed to meet at the car...?" she questioned.