Chapter 5

"Thanks for your time here Keefe! We greatly appreciate it!" The head interviewer at ​Teen Magazine, ​ Dana Mitchell, said to me

"It was my pleasure Dana." I replied with my never failing charm.

I started to walk out of the studio to my limousine where Ro was waiting for me until a group of paparazzi came storming in with their large cameras and began to take pictures of me, which prevented me from exiting the studio. I tried to work my way around the eager paparazzi and avoided the flashing lights. At some point I finally escaped the mob of people and quickly ran out the door before they could catch up. I ran towards the limo and and went inside where Ro was at the wheel.

I sighed in relief "Finally...".

Ro looked at me with her eyebrow raised "What did you get yourself into this time Sencen?"

"Just some paparazzi wanting to get more pictures of me and my hair." I said with a smirk and run my hand through my hair.

Ro rolled her eyes and mumbled "Typical Keefe."

I sat there as Ro drove me to Starbucks where I was supposed to meet Kaitlyn, my girlfriend.

Ro pulled up in the parking lot of the coffee shop and looked at me apologetically "Good Luck pleasing Kaitlyn."

I internally sigh thinking about that "Thanks, I'm going to need it."

Ro gave me a sympathetic look and I opened the limo door and made my towards the event I've been dreading the entire day.

°°°°°°°°°***°°°°°°°°

"Hey Keefiepoo!" Kaitlyn said giving me an air kiss and returned to fix her eyeliner afterwards. "Can you hold my make-up bag for one second." She gave me the bag before I could respond and while she did her make-up I pondered how I got into this mess in the first place.

You could say Kaitlyn and I have an "arranged relationship". Our parents want us to date because we are both rich and famous celebrities so to the public we look like a perfect match. So basically my life is being controlled in every way possible-including my love life.

"Omigod I have so many followers on Insta it's like unreal!" Kaitlyn said while taking a million selfies on her phone.

"Yeah..." I said not paying attention.

This was going to be a long day.

°°°°°°°°***°°°°°°°°

I groaned as I entered the limo again for the third time today.

Ro looked at me from the driver's seat with a smirk, " I'm guessing things didn't go so well for you "Lord Hunkyhair"."

"Can we make one quick stop at the Vacker's."

"Whatever you want Keefe."

The Vackers are what you would call a perfect family. Alden Vacker is part of the New York city council and his wife Della owns a well known boutique in Manhattan. They have three kids Biana, Fitz, and the oldest Alvar Vacker. Fitz and I have been bestfriends since preschool until I had to move to L.A. when I was 11 years old.I haven't seen him in forever so I figured I would stop by before I have to go back.

"So you want to annoy Wonderboy before you leave him again?" Ro said.

"I didn't mean to leave him Ro, you of all people should know that."

"Well you shouldn't let your daddy boss you around like that. You can make your own decisions too."

"If life was easy like that, trust me, I wouldn't be here." I grumble.

°°°°°°°°°°****°°°°°°°°°°

I knock on the large grand door of the Vacker Estate with Ro standing behind me.

A familiar faced, dark chocolate haired girl answered the door with an excited look on her face. "Keefe! You're here, Finally! You almost never come to visit anymore." Biana said.

"Well it's hard to visit when you live across the country and have a busy career on top of it." I said.

Biana rolled her eyes, "You know what I meant Keefe. A call or FaceTime would be nice you know."

I smirked "Where's Wonderboy?"

Biana pointed behind her towards the large staircase, "In his room most likely posting more selfies on Instagram to woo more of his followers."

I smiled at the thought of that. It would be fun to catch him in the act of taking embarrassing selfies.

"Thanks for the info. It's nice to be back." I said as I walked in the house.

Biana closed the door behind her, "My mom also made mint-chocolate ripplefluffs. They are in the kitchen."

"You can't ever pass up Della's Mint-Chocolate Ripplefluffs." I said walking towards the kitchen, Biana following.

When I used to live in New York, Fitz and I used to love Della's treats. Della would sometimes try to make new desserts and while experimenting with some ingredients had made one of the best things you can put in your mouth,ripplefluffs, as what Fitz and I had named it.

We walked into the kitchen where Della was taking a fresh batch of ripplefluffs out of the oven.

"Hey Mom, guess who finally decided to stop by?" Biana asked.

Della turned around and beamed when she saw me.

"Keefe! It's great to see you again!" She said as she handed me a plate of the sweet dessert, "Here, I'm sure you and Fitz would want these."

I took the plate and gave her a warm smile, "Thanks Della", I turned to Biana who was staring longingly at the plate I was holding. I smirked and offered the plate to her, "Here take one." I said.

"I thought you would never ask." She said taking 3 ripplefluffs and running off before I could stop her.

I thanked Della again before heading upstairs towards Fitz's room. I stopped at his door and hesitated. ​Should I knock? ​ I smirked. Of course not!

I opened the door and saw Fitz taking selfies on his phone. I closed the door behind me and Fitz flinched. He looked at me and his face broke into a grin.

"Keefe!"

I opened my arms out for a hug as Fitz almost slowly got up still in shock that I was here.

We shared a short hug, and Fitz, being his athletic self, said, "Long time no see Keefe! Wanna play a round of tackle bramble?", a game we had made up with Biana when we were younger.

I shrugged, "Why not."

We headed out to the large lawn towards the back of the estate. There Fitz and I played a couple of rounds of tackle bramble and basequest, another game we made when we were kids.

And for once in a long time I felt normal. I felt...free.

And I should have enjoyed that moment longer, because life had some crazy things in store for me.

AN: That chapter took unusually long to write. I am so sorry for the extremely long time it took me to update. Anyways, I hope you guys liked the chapter! Don't be shy to leave a comment or two and vote if you liked it!

-Mika<3