Chapter 18

Saturday, September 26

10:46 am.

Nine hours, and Fourteen minutes until Homecoming.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Sophie woke up later than usual that morning. Either she was nervous for today, or the fact that she slept at two thirty a.m. last night affected her sleep schedule.

She knew she had to go to homecoming that day. So if she didn't get to stay home, and binge watch Netflix, like she promised herself, then she would have to do it at some point. Last night was a perfect opportunity.

Sophie yawned, and got out of bed groaning. She already knew today was going to be a mess, one that she secretly hoped didn't ruin her homecoming.

Although originally she was not, Sophie wanted to enjoy her homecoming. It might not be an ideal one, but it also might be her only chance.

Sophie cursed under her breath, remembering an important detail she had forgotten that entire time.

I still have to get out of the house without Caroline, or the girls knowing.

She also then remembered that Jade and Aria went to the same school as her. She cursed again, sighing.

"Only Marella and Biana can help me out of this mess." Sophie muttered to herself.

But before she could do anything, her door burst open.

Looking like complete idiots with their designer heels, and horribly applied makeup, Aria and Jade sashayed into Sophie's room like they owned the place. And in a twisted way, they did.

Jade looked at Sophie as if she had a second head, and scowled. "So, mother wanted us to tell you that you won't be going to homecoming today. Trust me, it's for the best." She said, satisfied with the look on my face.

I was confused and angry at the same time. Although, I also expected this. There was no way Caroline was going to just let her go to a dance and have fun. Then again, she could care less, this was probably the work of Aria and Jade.

Sophie glared daggers at Jade. "And since when did you ever start caring about what I do? Or is this another way for you to try and make my life more of a living hell?" She said, gritting her teeth.

Jade just smirked, and Aria snickered not bothering to hide it. Sophie simply sighed, knowing that she couldn't do anything about it at this point.

"Just get out." Sophie said, her voice small, but sturdy.

"Gladly." Aria sashayed out of the bedroom, with Jade trailing behind her.

Now Sophie didn't worry about any mess that would happen at homecoming. Because now, she probably isn't going at all.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Oh heck no. There is no way you are staying, just because two Barbie dolls tell you to." Biana complained from the other end of the phone.

Sophie knew that if she wasn't going, she might as well tell Biana and Marella. Evidently, it was not a good idea to tell Biana the news first.

"Biana, there's no point fighting it. I can't leave the house with Caroline around, and even if I end up going I don't have a ride." Sophie countered. She knew her excuse didn't cut it, but at this point her mood was completely ruined.

Biana scoffed. "Sophie! Of all the people, I thought that you would know that I always have a plan. And this moment is no different."

Sophie didn't know if she should be scared or relieved. Biana was not known for coming up with a plan, nevertheless a decent one.

"Just hear me out Soph. This is an actually half decent plan." Biana pleaded.

"Ok, ok fine. I'm listening."

"So we already know that Marella can't pick you up because of her date, which only leaves me to pick you up." She explained, waiting briefly for me to catch on to plan.

"Yes..."

"So what if my brother came to 'escort' you. That way, Caroline has no choice but to let you go." Biana said, proud of her idea. "But It'll be fake, since you don't have any real feelings for my brother. Unless you do, then..." She trailed off, waiting for Sophie's answer.

Sophie blush was nuclear red as she quickly responded. "I don't!"

Biana laughed on the other end. "I was just kidding Soph. Anyways, we have a dance to get ready for, no time to waste!"

Sophie agreed with her, secretly wondering what she even needed to do to get ready. Sophie wasn't really the type of person to go 'all out'.

They both agreed on being ready by 7 p.m., and ended the call.

Sophie sighed. Maybe for once she could be a normal teenager. Maybe she should let loose for once. Have fun.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

AN: heyy peoples! hope u liked this short chapter! I'm trying not to write longer ones, because I kinda don't want this story to end *insert teary eyed emoji here* . Anyways I hope u liked this chapter, and don't forget to vote if u enjoyed! luv uu!