chapter 4

Tony
My alarm sounded earlier than I would have liked, the sound bursting out around the room, pulling me out of my groggy sleep. I rolled over, pulling the covers off me onto the floor to stop me from going back to sleep.
"Could you turn of the alarm?"
The voice startled me out of my morning state, and quickly reminded me I was not alone.
"Tony?"
Shit. I rushed to shut off the alarm, almost falling off the bed in the process.
Silence filled the room again. I slowly rose from my bed, dragging myself to the bathroom to shower. It was cold as I first got in, I sprung back cursing. At least I was awake. Pulling on my normal clothes I stepped back out into the main living area, Steve was sprawled out over the sofa in the room, his phone to his ear.
"Okay, yep cool bye."
I glanced over him, then worked to tidy up my mess of a bed. I opened the door and slipped out, pulling my converse on as I closed it. I lent slightly against the door frame, but nearly fell over back into the room as it was yanked open violently.
"Wait up!"
He caught me, well more of stopped me from falling as his frame filled the doorway.
"Oh, there you are."
I rolled my eyes at him, and tried my hardest not to flip him off. "No, really!"
"Don't be so sarcastic, and no we're taking the stairs."
His hand was on my wrist, and I was being pulled down the stairs. Again. The walk to the dining hall was in silence, not the uncomfortable kind, but still silence. I was tempted to push my earphones in, but decided to wait until I ate. Breakfast I piled up my plate with eggs and bacon, and grabbed a thing of juice. I didn't normally eat this much, but something about this place made me hungry. Steve sat next to me at the table, and whilst we ate we talked about classes and life in general. Not that I shared much about life.
My first class started at noon, so I had some time to kill. I decided to explore campus, but there wasn't much to see. It was just an ordinary place. With ordinary people. Except for Steve Rogers. He was everything but ordinary. He was strange and mysterious. There was something about him that made you want to know more.

Time flew by and before I knew it I was standing I'm front of my science class. Physics. Someone bumped into me, dropping his books over the floor, his face a look mixed between horror and shock. I knelt down with him and started picking up his books. Handing them to him I stuck out my hand. "Tony Stark." He struggled to hold out his own hand, but eventually managed to balance his books correctly so he could shake mine. "Bruce Banner." I smiled at him and we both got to our feet, he reminded me of a friend from back home, I wasn't sure why, but he did. "Where are you off too?"
"This class actually."
I grinned, finding happiness that not everyone in this class would be total losers. "Wanna be my partner?"
He nodded his head so violently I thought it was gonna fall off. We sat right at the back off the class, away from everyone. Just how I liked it.
The lesson went by, and I gradually guy to know more and more about Bruce. He seemed like a cool guy, someone who I could do with as a friend. He shared my passion for science, anyone who did that was good enough really. But after a while if they only shared my passion for science they got boring. We swapped numbers and went our separate ways. By evening I was exhausted, unknown why, but all I wanted to do was watch some friends and sleep. Except, I wouldn't sleep, so simply shut my mind off would be nice. I ate in silence by myself, my earphones in my ears, but on the way back to the dorms Steve joined me. "How has your day been?" Sighing I pulled an earphones out, to have a proper conversation. "It was great, I even made a friend." I didn't mean for it to come out in such a loser-ish way, but it did and I hated it. "Why is that so shocking? Anyone would be lucky with you as a friend."
I had barely known this guy for more than a day and he was already complementing me and being all friendly. Although what choice did he have, he and I were sharing a room.
Walking the rest of the way in silence, I zoned out from the rest of the world. I ended up spending most of the night watching friends, a mistake I'd made many times before but never learnt from. I knew that when I finally turned off my phone at 3am, I would regret it next morning.

Again sorry for my mad schedule. I will try to update once a week. Or more of I can be bothered. Hope you enjoyed dudes. And also thank you so much for the reads and 30 votes! It's very much appreciated. Thank you all. (Also unrelated picture but I couldn't find anything else)
Ali