Chapter 19

Tony
I sat inside the library, feeling the anger inside me slowly subside. My hands clutched the book I was holding, the one I needed to return. I heard Bruce before I saw him, his heavy footsteps meant he was unable to ever creep up on me. "Tony? What the hell?"

I looked up at him, my eyes twitching lightly. "I don't know what to do." He sighed, sitting down next to me. He carefully pried my hands from the book, placing it in his own lap. "Tony. This needs to stop. Please. Sort it out or, just, oh I don't know, just do something."

I looked at the ground. "Tony I'm not trying to be mean. I'm looking out for you. Seriously. Please go and talk to him. I have to go and meet some friends. Take care." He patted my shoulder, standing and taking my book with him. I watched him go, handing it in for me. He looked back for a second, shaking his head.

~time skip~
I turned up at my dorm, tempted to knock. I carefully and quietly unlock the door, slowly pushing it open. The main area was empty, but footsteps padding down the hall told me someone was there. Steve walked into the living space, his hands jammed into his pockets. His head hung low.

I stood frozen.

"Steve this is my dorm too."

"I know." Came the curt response. My heart pounded in my chest.

"You can't keep doing this. You know that. Stop telling me I'm your friend then pushing me away."

He shook his head. "Now is just...not a good time."

"I'm going to get some stuff." I walked past him, entering my room. I grabbed my duffel bag, throwing some clothes and other necessities. I grabbed my laptop from the desk my headphones disconnected and clattering to the floor.

Steve seemed to have a moment of weakness. "Tony you can't go anywhere. Let's just talk it out?"

"Talk it out? So it's not a good time. Just trying to protect me. Those excuses where nothing. When will you realise that I don't need people. I don't need you." I spat the last words out, my voice dripping with venom.

James walked up behind Steve, who was now standing in my doorway. He lent on my doorframe, his arm hanging limply by his side.

"I don't need your protection. I don't need your sympathy. I don't need your so-called friendship."

"That's just irrational."

I sunk to the floor, my legs too weak to stand. Neither of them moved. I slowly raised my head. "Do you want me to leave?" My voice cracked and I felt my cheeks heat up, tears beginning to form.

There was no response. I stood up. They moved back. The walk through my dorm was slow, but I was quickly outside. I pulled sunglasses over my eyes to cover the tears.

~second time skip~
"Thank you for letting me stay."

"Tony you only just left here a few days ago. Of course you can stay. Do you uh, wanna talk about it?"

"He didn't know what he wanted. Except he knew he didn't want me to be his friend. Or anything else."

"Steve doesn't know what he's missing."

I bit back a smile.

"We should go out and do something. Pizza? And maybe a movie?"

"What like a date?"

"Unless you want Bruce to come with us?"

"No you idiot. It's a date."

~third time skip sorry~
How was I supposed to know that crimes of Grindelwald was the second one?"