Chapter 24

Tony
I woke up early the next morning, an unusual occurrence. I felt an arm draped over my body, and instantly tensed at the intruder, which caused said person to move slightly. I looked Steve's peaceful face, his mouth slightly apart, small breaths escaping. I couldn't help but stare at him, blonde hair streaking down his forehead, curling slightly at the ends.

Turning away from him, I looked out the window, which casted a soft morning glow over the room. Steve's hand rested itself of my hip, it had moved slightly when I rolled over. Smiling softly to myself I picked up his fingers, holding them carefully, his fingernails short but somehow neat. I picked up a finger and it flopped back down to where it was. Giggling I grabbed his hand, inspecting it in my own. A voice startled me.

"You're cute when you're focused."

His words caused me to blush.

"No actually, I've decided that you're even more adorable when you're flustered."

I slapped his arm. "Stop it!"

He stared at me, baby blue eyes focused on my face. I reached over and brushed a stray hair from his eyes. He shivered and moved back. I froze. "You're too cold Tones."

He moved forwards and wrapped his arms around me, enveloping me in him and his smell. "Too cold. Too damn cold." I giggled against his shoulder and buried myself into his warmth.

"We should get up."

"But it's like 5am?"

"It's 6:40." He moved himself backwards, and I let him go, pouting slightly, missing the warmth that I loved. "I'm going to shower. I'll meet you in the kitchen."

Groaning I rolled over, picking up my phone and scrolling through Instagram. I heard the shower turn on and climbed out from underneath the covers, dragging myself into the main living space. I shifted myself onto the cupboard work surface, closing my eyes and resting my head backwards.

"Sleeping on the job?"

"What?"

Grinning he put his arms around my back, my legs wrapped around his hips. He moved me away from the counter, gently swinging me round and placing me on the kitchen island, giving my forehead a kiss. "Stay off the countertops, I need them."

"This is a counter top?"

"Shush yo self baby."

He pushed a warm cup of coffee into my hands, and another kiss. Breakfast of French toast came after, he pulled up a chair, and sat next to me, as I happily monched on the food in front of me, ignoring that Steve was staring at me.

Soft music player through speakers, and I happily washed up, splashing bubbles onto Steve's nose occasionally.

Mornings were often like that for a while, I tried to wake up earlier to spend time with him before class, and stayed up late watching movies and chatting, and then me rushing to finish my schoolwork.

Steve
A night when I had late practice, I had forgotten to text Tony that I would be back late, and felt guilty that he would be wondering where I was.

I pushed the key into the lock, the door opening before me, preparing myself for the worst.

I saw the lights had been dimmed slightly, and a soft smile lit up my face when I saw Tony asleep on the floor. A computer screen shone brightly, and textbooks and notebooks littered the ground also. I sighed, knowing that he was pushing himself too much again. I felt guilty looking at his peacefully sleeping face.

I knelt down, and lifted him up gently, carrying him back to his room.

I walked back to the main area, and cleared away some of the work that littered the floor. Walking back to Tony's room, I stood in the doorway leaning my head on the wooden beam. I remembered the last time I'd stood here, watching Tony pack up his stuff, so alone and scared. My heart felt heavy, my eyes glossing over.

I walked forward, carefully lowering myself onto the bed next to his peacefully sleeping body, gently running my hand through his hair. He moved his head over, so it was laying on my chest, and let out a soft breath.

A few hours passed and Tony's head pressed deeper into my chest, I watched it rise and fall as I breathed. A knock at the door echoed through the silence, and I tried to quickly move myself away from Tony, dashing to the door.

There was a crash from the other room, and still holding the warm pizza I ran back to where I'd come from. Tony sat on the floor, looking dazed and confused.

"I came to find you, but fell over, how did I get in here?"

"Idiot."

I put the pizza down on his bed and helped him up, lifting him onto my shoulder as I scooped up the blanket off the floor. "Do I even weigh anything to you?"

"No it's like I'm holding a couple of  grapes." (See what I did there? Hehehe)

I

placed him ont he bed and he fell backwards, "Pizza on the bed! Not in my sheets!"

"Tony you're already eating the pizza."

"What!"

I laughed, curling up next to him and grabbing my own slice. "What time is it?"

"Uh about midnight."

"Wait seriously? I have homework due!"

"Tony it's fine. You need food and sleep. Wake up earlier tomorrow and get it done then, I'll help you, I promise."

He seemed to stay tense, then relaxed a bit and bit into his food. We sat in silence, my head leaning on his shoulder, his hand on my thigh.

"Tony, what are we? I mean what do you want us to be?"

There was a resounding silence. I wished I could take back what I said. It was all too soon. Too rushed. Too much pressure. His voice breaking the silence surprised me. 

"Be my boyfriend."

I didn't answer, I only kissed him, I melted under his touch, his hand tightly clutching my hair to keep us close together.

What the fuck I'm not dead? Yeah so sorry about the no updating, who knew home school would be so stressful?? Hope y'all liked this chapter. Low-key kind of a filler, but it was necessary.
Kinda lost motivation, do y'all want me to continue with this book?
And thank you so much for the 13.1k reads!? And over 700 votes! You guys are the best, keep safe, and please be nice. And punch the racists.
Ali :))