Chapter 25

Tony
I woke up earlier than I liked, my head spinning and my body tired. My books were piled up neatly on the floor, any messy notes put away. How was he so neat? Why?

I grabbed the stuff from the bottom of the pile, causing it to go flying over the floor. I let a small giggle, covering my mouth. My laptop had enough charge, and I typed over the keys, rushing to finish.

An hour later, 7am, I hit send on my email, the attached work making me grin. Adrenaline running I knew I couldn't sleep now. Slowly, I walked back towards my room, staring at the sleeping figure on the bed. He looked so peaceful. So content.

"Are you gonna join me, or just stand in the doorway staring all day?"

I tried to laugh at his remark, but I could feel a pang in my heart. I didn't deserve this.

"Tony! Hey, don't cry what's wrong?"

Looking up, I felt the beginnings of tears sliding down my face. I roughly wiped them away.

"I was just thinking."

"About what?" I stayed silent. Steve's eyes seemed momentarily pained, but then they cleared, and a smile formed on his face. "Alright. You wanna go out for coffee?"

"Now?" He nodded. "I'll take a shower." I watched him roll over, grabbing his phone off charge and start typing.

The water was cold when I turned it on, shocking my skin, burning. I let it run down over me, closing my eyes trying not to think. Showers are for thinking, they said. But they never warned you of the thoughts. The burning thoughts, spiralling, spinning, shooting, attacking, painful, empty- they're just thoughts.

I shut the water off. And only the slight wirring of the fan made noise. I wiped the water from my face, a towel wrapped around me.

Silently I dashed into Steve's room, drying myself off, I grabbed one of his on me, oversized hoodies, tugging it over myself, snuggling into its warmth. It's Steve smell. It's comfort.

Walking back into my room, Steve looked up, a grin falling onto his face. "Adorable baby."

I pouted but continued to grab my stuff, the nearest pair of black jeans, gold doodles down the sides. "We should get going soon. I'll grab some clothes."

"Mhmmm."

Steve left the room, I slowly turned, my head spinning still. On instinct I turned on the coffee machine, pouring myself some. I sat on the counter, focusing on my mind, trying desperately to keep it blank.

"Tones you can't seriously be drinking coffee? We are about to go out for fucking coffee."

I jumped, from the way I landed on the floor, I knew there would be a bruise later. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Come on, we're taking your car, because I don't have one."

"Yeah yeah. Coming."

I watched him leave, the door was open, it had only slid slightly closed. I went to grab my keys off the table, and froze when I saw my hand shaking. My breathing was shaky.

"Tony?"

"Keys!"

"Right yep."

The keys secured I joined Steve as he strolled downstairs, he grinned at me as I returned the smile, but as he turned away I felt my face drop.

Steve
The ride to the coffee shop was silent. It made me more nervous than I had been, but it would be okay.

Inside, the line was short and we were at the front in no time. "I'll have a white coffee please, and a blueberry muffin. And Tony?"

"Expresso please."

Tony insisted on paying, I droned out slightly,  looking round the cafe for the table. "Tones this way."

"Steve someone is sitting there-"

He stopped when I sat down, and two faces stared at each other. "Sit down Tony, I invited him here."

Tony
I couldn't help but glare at Steve, he invited this person! The one who hates me. And who made Steve hate me. Looking up I saw a hurt expression fill James' features.

"Bucky, this is Tony. My boyfriend. And Tony, this is Bucky. My best friend."

He nodded at me. I nodded back.

He looked visibly uncomfortable. "Прости."

Confused, I racked my brains, trying to remember the little russian I'd been taught.

"Uh, извинения приняты." He looked up, a grin slowly forming on his face.

"So buckster, you talking to anyone special?" He rolled his eyes at Steve, "No. And if I was I wouldn't tell you, weirdo."

There was a small silence. "So James-"

"Please, call me Bucky. Friends can call me that."

I nodded with a smile. "Do you drive a car?"

"Yeah, it's how Steve got anywhere before you. I can't drive it at the moment, my leg needs to heal a bit more."

"Maybe Steve needs it, he's always asking for lifts."

We laughed, and Steve rolled his eyes, pushing me slightly. Bucky's laughter cut short. His eyes went wide. Some of the cheerleaders I'd met a while ago had appeared in the coffee shop. Bucky's eyes were fixed on a fiery red head. Turning around, she made eye contact with me, and glided over. She sat next to Bucky, grinning at me. "So, you're the infamous Tony Stark who has Stevie's heart."

"Yeah?"

"Cool. Nice to meet you, I'm Natasha. If you call me Nat without permission I will cut your hands off and hit you with them." She smiled and stuck out her hand. I shook it, confused look in my eye. "Bucky and I used to date, which is how these boys know me. Just out of curiosity, why did you break up with me?"

She'd turned to face him, fear filled his face. "I'm. I'm gay."

Her mouth formed a perfect little o. "I see yeah that would do it. Well, congrats, I don't really mind, as long as you're happy." She smiled, slinging an arm around Ja-Bucky's shoulder, but quickly rolled her eyes when one of the girls she had been with came over.

"Casy. Yay. Look, doesn't like you, doesn't like you, way out of your league." She pointed at me when she said the last thing, it made me smile slightly. I liked her. The girl stormed away. We sat chatting for a bit, finishing our drinks and food. "Tony, can we go to the shops, we need some more food in the room."

"We'll stay here, I'll talk to Bucky about his crush." He spluttered, looking shocked. "Don't lie, I know you have one. I can see it in your eyes." I laughed, waving goodbye to them.

Aye I've finished another damn chapter! Shocking. So as I promised all of you who are so kind and said you wanted me to continue, new chapter is here, and story is being continued. I've realized I never put anywhere that I own basically none of these characters, except Tyler, he's mine.
Have a great life, and next chapter is already half written so y'all good and won't have to wait. As always, vote, comment, and idk like smile??
Ali :)