Chapter 12

Steve
"Aha yes! Beat you again loser! Team Barnes for the win!" I chuckled softly, shaking my head.

"Wow Buck, all evening we've been doing this, and all evening you've been winning, why so surprised?"

"Hey! What happened to the "I can do it all day" Rogers I know?" I leaned over to smack his shoulder. "I'm thirsty Barnes get me a drink." He shook his head, and standing up I felt a smack on my head. "Oi!" I lent back on my elbows, my phone screen illuminating my face.

Scrolling through Instagram Tony's message appeared on my screen. I felt a small smile slide onto my face, but clicking on the message I felt my heart sink.

Tony: you can have the room.

"But I don't want it!" My hands grasped at nothing in anger. Nails dug into my palms. "Hey what was that?" My head swung round. "Uh nothing. Doesn't matter." A hot chocolate landed in front of my face, small droplets splashing over my hoodie.

"What? no whipped cream!"

"Alright alright." Smiling as I watched Bucky stomp back to the fridge, I typed out a message and my fingers lingered over the send button. "Your whipped cream sir." I turned my phone off and was about to grab the whipped cream when Bucky slammed a handful of it into my face. "Oi!"

Wiping whipped cream off my face I grabbed up the can. "You're dead Barnes." He turned on his heel and fled the room. With one last look I chucked my phone on the sofa, deciding to deal with Tony later. "Come back here!"

After running up and down the corridors and stairs, and fighting over the can, we collapsed onto the floor of his dorm, the can in Bucky's hand. He was sprawled out on top of me, phone in one hand and with his other hand he occasionally squirted whipped cream into his mouth.

Through a mouthful of cream he chatted about the posts popping up on his Instagram.

A Snapchat notification pinged on his phone, and clicking on it he laughed. "It's Sam."

"Buck get off." His laughter rumbled through my chest. "Smile for the camera!" The end of his sentence faded out as he squirted more cream into his mouth. Rolling my eyes I let my head fall back onto the floor, thoughts of Tony filling my head.

Bucky- (Buchanan)
Sam<3: aw cute
Buckster: 😳 thanks

Turning to glance at Steve, I rolled off him and clutched my phone to my chest smiling widely.

Steve (again aha)
As Bucky rolled off me I slowly stood up, and walking over to the sofa I dug my phone out from underneath the cushions. No more texts from Tony.

Steve: Tony don't be like this.

My hands trembled over the screen nervous for his reply.

"A film?" The dots appeared on the screen. My heart sped up.

"Uh yeah sure."

Tony: don't do what Steve?! Move away from an arse?

A light laugh erupted away from my mouth, but with Bucky's confused look and a lack of little typing dots, it silenced.

"Hey you know Tony right, how was he after the, uh, interaction."

"We avoided each other." I took a deep breath. "Then we had an argument in our dorm. Today actually." Bucky muttered something under his breath. "Huh?"

"I was simply saying that he overreacts. Often. And he, uh, he's rude. Just plain rude. What did you do to him to make him hate you so much?"

"He doesn't hate me Buck. He's just hurt-"

"Hurt! Hurt! For god's sake Steve grow up. He's not hurt he's jealous! He's jealous that you have me as a friend- you know what. Give me your phone. I'm sending him a text."

"No Buck! Leave it. Tony is doing nothing to hurt me. He's angry I stood him up. Kind of. I get it. He'll be fine in a few days. I'm okay with it. Honestly. It's okay Buck. A film? How about Mr and Mrs Smith?"

The fire in his eyes slowly faded. He nodded and turned to turn on Netflix. He gained a bounce back in his step.

Once we were sat down and watching the movie, I carefully pulled my phone out, without Bucky seeing.

Steve: okay you know what fine be like that. Thanks for the room and now it's my turn to say leave me the hell alone. For good.

My heart felt heavy but I knew it was the right thing to do. I lay my phone on the side next to me, and curled up on the sofa, tucking my knees to my chest. My phone buzzed loudly.

"Shut it off!" Bucky's outburst was accompanied with a cushion thrown in my face. I grabbed it and leant down to turn the phone off. The screen lit up as I moved it, displaying Tony's response.

Tony: screw you

Time skip lol
The TV light that once lit up the room had gone, turned off by Bucky. A comfortable silence slowly faded into an awkward silence the longer it was there.

I coughed. The resounding silence that returned made me wince. "So buck, how are you doing? How's Nat?"

"Uh good yea-"

"Hang on I thought that tonight was your date?" The silence after my sentence was filled with buck's slightly heavier breathing. 

"Yeah it was. I called it off. I had other plans."

"We can hang out any time buck you don't need to cancel your date. I could have spent the night in your dorm if you were here or not. I'm fine honestly."

"Steve no you need me."

"Uh huh. Sure love." There was light laughter but then the silence returned. It was peaceful.

"Buck?"

"Yeah Stevie?"

"Don't use that name. I was just wondering what you would say if, I told you that, well, I don't know how to explain this, it's just, Tony, or people, other people, not strangers obviously, people I know, well uh, and then there's you being straight and I didn't and still don't know what you think, and I wasn't sure, I thought for a while, I'm still not sure, and then you and your girlfriend, and Nat is lovely and-"

"Steve. I'm gay."

My heart stopped. I didn't know how to react. And there was silence. Bucky sniffed. Was he crying?

"I'm going to bed. Night Steve." I heard the rustling of wrappers and the sofa moving. He went round the corner where the beds were, leaving me in the darkness of the living area, still in shock.

Heya y'all. After all this time I finally got up the next chapter yippee. This has taken so long to write with wattpad glitching constantly. But hey it's done now. Actually quite proud of this. And the next one should be good. Key to writing on wattpad is having a plan! And thank you all so much for reading and voting and commenting. Means the world. It makes me so happy when I get the notification that people have added it to their reading list or library. And thank you delphineghilbert for all the comments
Have a good day
Ali <3