Rogues

*Takes place after Civil War and Homecoming, but they still use the Tower, not the Compound. Tony still has his arc reactor.*

Tony paced the kitchen nervously.  He had been working with Ross tirelessly to pardon the rogue Avengers, and had finally succeeded. Unfortunately, Ross had only agreed to the deal if the rogues would stay at the Avengers Tower, where they could be closely monitored. Of course, Tony had to agree, but that didn't mean he liked it. He was terrified, to be honest. Last night, his sleep had been plagued with nightmares and flashbacks to the fight in Siberia. Tony expected many more.

Rhodey was supposed to be here with him, but had been called out on an important mission overseas. Pepper was at a SI meeting in Malibu, just the way Stark liked it. Away, and safe. Even though Tony didn't really believe any harm would come to her, especially since Natasha would arrive today also. Her and Pepper were best friends, and also the scariest female duo on Earth.

Just then, the private elevator door dinged open, and Peter walked out. They had recently started a 'real' internship along with Spiderman, where him and Peter would work in the lab together. "Oh my gods... Kid..." Tony had forgotten today that Peter stayed the nights on Weekends.

Peter instantly noted his mentor's concern, walking over to him. "Mr. Sta- sorry, right you told me not to call you that. What's wrong Tony?"

Tony opened his mouth to reply, but another ding, this time from the public elevator, but him off. His gaze drifted toward the now open doors, and he moved so he stood slightly in front of Peter.

Out stepped Clint, Wanda, Sam, and Natasha, with Steve leading the group.  Steve, the others following behind him, made their way to Stark, wondering who the teen behind him was. Steve reached out his hand for a handshake, but it only made Tony flinch backwards in precaution. "How are you doing?" He asked instead.

"I'm fine Rogers, smooth travel?" Tony asked.

Steve nodded, "Thankfully."

Natasha looked between the two, it pained her to see the former friends so cold and disfunctional towards each other. She wondered what had happened in Siberia, Steve never like to talk about it. Then Natasha decided to turn her attention to the teenager by Stark's side. "Hey," she said, breaking the awkward silence, "who are you." She nodded toward Peter.

"That's need to-" Tony began, but Peter cut him off. Looking at Cap, he said, "I'm your worst nightmare actually if you hurt, or even look, at my da-mentor the wrong way."

Tony turned and looked at his-the resolute kid, confusion yet thankfulness written on Tony's face. Steve spoke up again, "You have a name, worst nightmare?"

"Not one you're allowed to know." Peter snarked back. "Friday, show them to their new rooms."

Steve glared at Tony incredulously, "Seriously Stark? New rooms? Are you-"

"-Steve! Stop." Natasha told him fiercely, laying a hand on his arm. "Friday, directions please."

Tony stared at the group as they left, and didn't stop until the metal elevator doors slid shut. He turned toward Peter and let out a relieved sigh, pulling the kid into a hug, "Thanks for that."

"No problem, Tony... Uh, is this a hug?" Peter questioned.

Tony smiled, "It is what it is, Underoos." He pulled back, still laying a hand on Pete's shoulder. "Shall we get to work in the lab?" He offered before Peter could ask any more questions about what totally was a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The two worked until 7 p.m. when the pizza they ordered arrived. They both sat on the couch and turned on Guardians of the Galaxy 1.