Notes Part 2

Tony stood there shocked. It was bad enough his kid had gotten hurt, but now he was deaf? How could Tony have let this happen, he hated himself for it.

Tony did the only thing he thought might help: he embraced the kid, holding him tightly. Peter returned the hug, but was visibly shaking. He was terrified, his hearing though a weakness, was also his greatest strength. And now it was gone. Peter started crying, he didn't know what would happen. Could he even continue being Spiderman? He doubted it, and that's what crushed him the most. Peter lowered his voice fat enough that he could be sure he was whispering, "This is not your fault, Mr. Stark. And I swear, if you blame yourself..." He trailed off.

Tony pulled back and looked at the kid, wanting to object, but he knew arguing was pointless.

Peter was hesitant to speak again, since he didn't know how loud he would be. Glancing around, he said a yellow pad of paper and a pen. He stood up and snatched them, before Tony could push him back down, claiming 'he wasn't rested enough'.

Tony watched the kid, puzzled, bit soon realized what he was doing. Peter ripped the page from the pad and folded it into a paper airplane before handing it to Tony. Tony opened the airplane, "How did the mission go?" Stark shook his head, of course, even after being injured Peter was still worried about their success.

He grabbed the pad of paper and handed a note to Peter. "According to the team, very well. But did you have to fold the paper into an airplane if you weren't going throw it?"

Peter just blinked, after reading the paper and wrote 'yes' over the back of it in large letters. Tony chuckled and shook his head, he loved this kid so much.

Peter watched his mentor with a pang of sadness. What if I never get to hear his voice again? Or Ned or MJ's of May's? He thought. Peter had to try very hard to not start crying again. He began to write again.

"Can we go meet the team?" Tony bit his lip, writing his response.

"Are you sure that's a good idea right after you've been injured? They might be pretty shocked."

Not to mention pretty pissed off at me, Tony though bitterly. Peter gave Tony a pleading look and his mentor sighed. Then he stood, beckoning for Peter to follow. Peter stood excitedly, full of energy, trailing behind Tony as the two made their way to the living room. As soon as Steve saw them he abruptly stood. "Tony, who is this kid?"

Tony laid a hand on Peter's good shoulder, "This kid is someone very excited to meet you, despite the not-ideal timing. Guys I want to introduce Peter, also known as Spiderman."

For once, Peter was glad his hearing was gone, because from the wide-eyes, Mr. Stark's body language, and the open mouths, he was pretty sure the team was shouting questions at Tony. Finally Peter couldn't handle it anymore, even if he couldn't hear them, he hated seeing people get yelled at, especially by those who are supposed to be their friends. Peter furiously wrote 'SHUT UP' on his pad of paper, folded it into another paper airplane and chucked it so hard at the Captain, who was leading the shouting group, that it made a long slit right below his eye. That got their attention. Steve touched under his eye, surprised to see that his fingers came back bloody. Natasha picked up the note and smirked when she read it, sure she had asked a question. A question. She did not approve of how the rest of the group, minus Bruce and Rhodey, had let their tempers lose. Nat turned to Peter and signed in ASL, "Nice to officially meet you Peter."

Peter was surprised, but signed back to her, "You know sign language?"

"I'm a super spy, of course I do." Peter chuckled at that, and everyone watched their interaction confused. Well, except Clint and Bucky who also knew the hand language.

"So," Tony said, "now everyone has met."

"Tony," Wanda questioned, "why isn't he talking, Spiderman always talks on the coms."

Tony looked at his feet, "He uh, he lost his hearing when the Sonic canon went off. Dr. Cho hasn't returned to check on him, so we don't... We don't know if it's permanent or only temporary."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:
I guess there will be a part three. Thanks for reading, tell me what you think in the comments!
Lots of love,
Siri