Oscorp 2

*part two to Oscorp*

Peter walked into the kitchen, mind still reeling from the what his blood work showed. He was so preoccupied he walked straight into his father. "O-oh my gods. S-sorry dad. I uh, I didn't see you there."

"It alright kiddo, but I'm surprised to see you up. What happened yesterday?" Tony asked, still concerned.

"I'm not sure," Peter replied nervously, "I was feeling fine till lunch. Maybe it was just a bad case of food poisoning."

"And how are you now?" Tony pressed.

"Just a slight headache, but uh, I was thinking I'd go to school early, Ned was pretty worried yesterday. I want him to know I'm ok." Peter explained quickly.

"Ok, well, you still have time to shower, so go do that and grab your homework. I'll have breakfast ready and then Happy can drive you."

"Thanks Dad!" Peter called as he bounded off to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"-and then I took off my shirt and I had abs, Ned. Actual abs!" Peter exclaimed.

"No way. That's not even possible." Ned said, rolling his eyes. Peter sighed, before slightly lifting his shirt, revealing his new six pack. Ned's eyes widened in shock, "What the heck happened to you?"

"I don't know!" Peter panicked, "I went to grab my homework but the pages stuck to my hand. I had to pull so hard to get them off that I fell against the wall, and then my hand got stuck there. Now I have a giant hand shaped hole in my wall! What am I supposed to tell my dad?"

"He doesn't know?" Ned questioned.

"Nobody knows except you!" Peter said exasperated. "I'm terrified Ned. Apparently they took blood tests on me, when I woke up no one had seen them yet. My blood is fused with a spiders."

"Epic." Ned nodded in awe.

"No no no, not epic." Peter slid a hand down his face, trying to rid himself of stress. Only it didn't work. "Look, can I come over today, test all this out at your house? I don't want anyone from my family to know yet."

"Of course dude. Oh man, this is the greatest thing ever!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Peter was walking home from Ned's that day, it was dark out. His mind preoccupied by all their discoveries. Peter crossed the street towards the entrance of Stark Tower he didn't think to check the road. Halfway across he felt a sharp pinch at the nape of his neck and turned in time to see a truck barreling towards him. Peter barely had time to throw his hands out in front of him before the truck hit. He felt the shock and pain of impact rack through his outstretched arms. But that was it. Peter risked opening his eyes and saw that he had stopped the truck with his own hands. He yanked his hands away, and ran towards his home, ignoring the shout's of the truck driver and the bewildered bystanders.

Peter threw his backpack in the corner of his room, slamming the door. What was wrong with him? Was he actually turning into freak Flash had always told him he was? He collapsed on his bed as tears streamed from his eyes. It was all too much, all the change. And he couldn't even explain it. This wasn't supposed to be humanly, scientifically, whatever-ly possible! Why him?

Peter heard a soft knock at his door, and a familiar voice. "Peter?" His dad called gently, "Pete are you there?"

Peter shakily stood and answered the door, wiping at the years in his eyes. "Kiddo what's wrong?" His dad asked. Peter didn't answer, instead hugging his dad tightly, beginning to cry again. "Shh, it's ok kid. It's ok." Tony held Peter as long as he needed. He wasn't sure how long it was until the sobs turned to quiet tears and then to sniffles. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not yet." Peter whispered hoarsely. "Could we just...watch a movie in my room?"

"Of course, anything for you kiddo." Tony led them into the room, keeping an arm wrapped around his son. Peter flopped tiredly onto the bed, as Tony tossed several plush blankets from the closet onto him. In return he earned a small smile as Peter dug himself out. Tony sat next to the kid, who promptly curled into his side. "What movie, Pete?"

"Hmm, Deadpool?"

"Ha, no way. That's R-rated. Pick a different one." Tony smirked at his pouting kid.

"Fine, how about Bedtime Stories." Peter suggested.

"Works for me." Friday began playing the chosen movie, but Tony wasn't really paying attention. He was thinking about what was wrong with his kid. What could he do to help? Tony wished he understood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

11:52? Eh, close enough. HAPPY NEW YEAR🎉🎉🥳🥳. We've come to the close of a decade, and now it's time for new beginnings. We will never forget everything that's happened, which for many of us, was our childhood. Never forget to appreciate what you have, and live today. Every one could be your last.

Until tomorrow, treasure today.

Lots of love
-Siri