The Impossible

A/N: The Impossible (starring Tom Holland!) is a great movie, but that's not what this oneshot is about. So without further adieu...

Important note: this chapter might be really segmented because I just thought of lots of sweet, short moments. Hopefully this turns out...

Listen yall, I fucking realize she had her uterus deleted, but this is a fanfic, I can do what I want, so consider this a fucking AU🙃🙃🙃

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha sat numbly on her bed, staring at the floor. She was brought back to the presence by a knock on the door and the voice of her husband. "Natasha? Nat, what's wrong?" He called worriedly, hurrying to her side. She looked up at him, mouth slightly agape, before glancing toward the bathroom.

Confused, Steve rushed inside, not returning for several minutes. When he finally did, a huge smile was spread across his face. "Natasha, is-is this true? You're pregnant?"

Natasha stared at him and hesitantly nodded. "Steve, I'm scared, this wasn't supposed to be possible. It's going to be such a high risk pregnancy and-"

"Shh," Steve calmed, wrapping his arms around her, "it'll be ok Nat, we'll do this together."

Natasha melted into the warm embrace, enjoying the peace it gave her. How long they stayed there, she wasn't sure. Finally though, she spoke again,. "I don't... I don't want to tell the team. Just in case... " Natasha trailed off, blinking years from her eyes.

Steve didn't need her to finish to know the end of her question. Just in case I lose the baby. "It's up to you Nat, but I agree. Have you eaten breakfast yet?" He asked, brushing a stray strand of hair from her face.

She sighed, "No, I guess I should do that, huh?"

"You should always eat breakfast." Steve offered her his hand, and they walked to the kitchen, his arm gently around her waist.

As she started to make toast and coffee, Clint walked by in his workout clothes. "Natasha, we still on for sparring today?"

Nat glanced at him with a small smile,  "No, I don't think so. Probably not for a while either."

Clint stood there confused, Natasha never passed an opportunity to beat him. "She's giving you grace, Katniss, she doesn't want you to bear the shame of getting beat again." Tony sassed, taking Nat's freshly poured cup of coffee on the counter for himself. "By the way, party tonight, here at the Tower. I want everyone to be there."

"Another party? Really Tony, what is it this time?" Steve asked, exasperated.

"I don't know, something big happened at the company and Pepper told me we were having a party. Who was I to say no?"

Steve rolled his eyes in response. "It's up to Nat if she wants to go or not."

Tony turned toward her with a grin on his face. "Well, Romanoff, will Romanogers be making an appearance tonight?"

She sighed, "Only if you stop calling us that stupid ship name."

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Time skip: 5 weeks)

"Natasha, I don't want you to come today." Steve whispered sternly.

"Steve I can't just miss every mission, they'll think it's suspicious. Besides I've already skipped the two before this. I can tell the team doesn't like it." Natasha countered.