Shopping

TRIGGER WARNING(trigger warning has spoilers somewhat): There will be verbal/slight sexual harassment.

~~~

"You ready?" Natasha called to Wanda. Wanda looked up from her place on the couch, where she was reading a book.

"Absolutely." She responded on her thick Sokovian accent. It was days after the Ultron incident. Wanda has moved into the Tower with the other Avengers. The past few days, she had been wearing some of Natasha's clothes, since the were somewhat close in size. Today though, Nat and Clint had promised to take her shopping. Natasha was like her really cool older sister that she always wanted, and Clint was a father-figure to her.

Wanda stood and grabbed a maroon cardigan. She was wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt. The two hopped in the elevator. Apparently, Clint was already downstairs. Wanda was extremely happy that Nat had agreed to come. Nothing against Clint, she just didn't think he would know the best stores for women's clothing. Clint fell in-step beside them, Wanda in the middle because they both wanted to be next her. I love them, she thought, but sometimes they bicker like children.

All was well, they were laughing and walking down the street to a nearby mall. There were a couple men approaching them from the opposite direction. The trio all moved into single file. When one of the men walked by Wanda he whistled sliding his disgusting fingers down her arm, "Looking good there, hottie. Wanna come home with me?" Quicker than anyone else could react, Natasha had pinned the man against the nearby brick wall, knife against his neck. Clint had drawn his gun on the man's friend, while blocking Wanda from their rule.

"You want to say that again, pimp." Natasha threatened.

Surprisingly, the man just chuckled. How was he not scared of Natasha's rage? "Oh, this is cute, you her bodyguards or something?"

Natasha pressed the knife harder into the wretched man's neck, drawing blood. That's when Wanda stepped forward, "Don't Nat, this piece of human trash isn't worth your time."

For a few seconds Natasha just stared at the man before throwing him on the ground at her feet. He easily picked himself up and walked off, his buddy quickly following. Once the two were several blocks away, Natasha and Clint both turned their attention to the young teen. Clint instantly wrapped the scared girl in a hug, while Nat rubbed her back. Finally and spoke, "I-I'm fine, it's ok. Let's just go on with our shopping."

Natasha looked at her with concern, "Are you sure? It's alright if you want to go back to the Tower."

Wanda shook her head, "I appreciate your clothes Nat, but I desperately want some of my own." Natasha offered her a smile and nodded.

~~~

When they arrived to the mall, they grabbed some lunch at Chick-fil-A (seriously guys, it's amazing, try it sometime), and then left Clint at a coffee shop while they did some female only shopping at Victoria Secret. It took a long time, to Clint's grumbling, but the two came back and they all left for some other stores. They had fun picking out tops, skirts, jeans, and a few dresses, and ended up trying on some pretty ridiculous clothing. After the shoe store, they went to the book store upon Wanda's insistence. She picked out a stack of so many books, Natasha was sure they had maxed Tony's credit card she had stolen at that store alone. While Clint and Nat stood in line, waiting to pay, Wanda kept roaming the shelves, making a list of more books she wanted to buy someday.

Wanda began feeling uneasy and looked around, when she turned back to the original direction she was facing, she gasped. There in front of her stood not only the man who had catcalled her and his friend, but two more fairly large men. She immediately started to back up but cursed herself when she bumped into the corner. Wanda began panicking even more as the man from before, seemingly the leader of the thug group, closed the distance. He was uncomfortably near her, resting a hand on her waist and rubbing her shoulder. Wanda was paralyzed in fear and horrified at the same time, now regretting not returning to the Tower earlier. She was only focused on controlling her magic, terrified of what would happen if she couldn't keep control on it.

Before the situation could become darker, four gunshots rang out. All four men dropped to the ground clutching their legs, as blood poured from their bullet wounds. Clint rushed to the teen's side and helped her walk away from the mess of a situation. They were many aisles away when Wanda just stopped walking and skid to the ground, leaning against a bookshelf and holding her legs tight to her chest. Clint knelt beside her, "Hey Wanda, do you want to head back to the Tower or wait for Nat to finish dealing with everything?"

"Stay.. for Nat... " She whispered, finally allowing herself to cry. Clint sat next to her and wrapped an arm around her, holding her close. This was one shopping trip they never wanted to repeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:
Moral of the story is don't be a douchebag. Don't catcall or harass people. Be decent! I believe in you ;) Thanks for reading!
Lots of love,
Siri