1 | "SO LET ME TELL YOU.."

The mid-September sun, beamed down brightly onto Dallas Phipps and Imani Hudson as they walked down the street towards the corner store. Dallas's phone occasionally buzzed as she received texts from Taurus and this new guy, Jaylen, who she had met at the mall. She texted them both back, taking longer to reply back to Taurus. Imani walked alongside her, contemplating if she should tell Dallas the news she heard the day before while she was in Gym.

"Dallas." Imani called, trying to get her friends attention.

"Wassup girl?" Dallas said, turning her head towards Imani momentarily, before going back to type on her phone.

"I got something to tell you, but I don't want you to get mad." Imani rushed out, biting her plump bottom lip. Dallas stopped walking, giving her full attention to Imani.

"Yea? What is it?" She questioned. Her eyes squinted, observing how nervous her friend was by how she played with the strands of her distressed shorts.

"Okay, so, look. I was in gym yesterday and you know Ava Lyman, the girl who always wear the blond hair?" Imani stopped, looking at Dallas to make sure she knew who she was talking about, before continuing: "Well evidently over the summer, her and Taurus were fucking around anddddddd .. they're still fucking around, from what she was saying in the gym. "

Imani let out a breath of air that she didn't realize that she was holding in. She watched her friend as hints of red rose into her caramel skin as she became angrier by the minute.

"I can't believe this nigga man! When we got back together we said we would stop fucking around with other folks and he still talking to that ashy ass blonde hair wearing ass bitch!" Dallas screeched. Imani kept quiet, not knowing how to comfort her friend at the moment.

"You know what? It's okay! He gone get his, promise that! Come on girl, let's keep going." Dallas mood switched from anger to calm in a matter of seconds. If there was one thing that Imani knew about Dallas from being friends with her over the years of it was that this bitch was more diabolical than the most evil person in the world. If she wanted to get even, she would. Nobody would be able to stop her, until she was satisfied with the outcome of her plans.

The cool air invited them into the corner store, drying the light sheen of sweat on their skin. Dallas immediately went to the back of the store, grabbing a Strawberry Kiwi Snapple out of the cooler. She clenched and unclenched her hand as she maneuvered through the aisles, thinking about what Imani had told her. She didn't like being played with AT ALL and Taurus knew that, even if no one else knew that.

She finally grabbed a random bag of chips off the shelves and started making her way to the front of the store where Imani was waiting with her slushee and nachos. Her thoughts still racing as she mechanically gave the Haitian cashier a five dollar bill and waiting for her change back.

"I need to call Sade." She finally said as she walked out of the door, Imani right beside her.

"What Sade gonna do to help you?" Imani questioned, her eyebrow arched in question. Imani knew that Dallas looked up to Sade, but she didn't really know why because Sade was only two years older than them.

"You know she been through shit like this. She'll know how to get Taurus to stop fucking with all these other bitches like she got Kentrell to do." Dallas said, making Imani hum quietly to herself.

As much as Dallas and Sade thought that Sade had Kentrell on lock, that wasn't the case at all. She had seen Kentrell's electric blue Challenger across the street at her neighbor's house more times than she could count. But if there was one thing that Imani knew, sometimes it was better to keep some things to yourself and mind you business, especially when it pertains to Kentrell Gaulden.

"Yea, we gone call her as soon as we get back to your house. I think she'll be able to help us."

"Alright Dallas, whatever you say girl." Imani said as she dipped a chip in her cheese and put it in her mouth.

Imani knew that this would probably end bad, but she wouldn't tell Dallas that. She loved her friend to death, but sometimes she did dumb things and sometimes Imani liked to watch her do dumb things. Maybe that made her a bad friend, but Imani didn't think so.

━━━━━━━━

IMANI theimpartialparty HUDSON

DALLAS theseniggasthinktheyfwm PHIPPS