2 | "I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS.."

Dallas and Imani sat on Imani's porch, watching as Imani's neighbors lived their lives in the unseasonably warm September day. Imani didn't mind being outside, but it was too many people for her to truly enjoy being outside. If it wasn't for the fact that they were waiting on Sade to pull up, she would have been went inside.

"Where you said she was at?" Imani asked as she chewed the straw in her slushee cup.

"She said she was leaving the nail shop." Dallas said, clicking away on her phone as she browsed on her Instagram feed. Imani hummed in approval, stretching her legs out into the sun.

Within the next ten minutes, they could hear loud music coming towards them. Sade's candy red Honda Accord cruised down Imani's street, easing into her driveway. She shut the car off and stepped out. Long, jet black extensions flowed behind Sade's 5'8 frame. Anybody that saw Sade thought that she was a model or that she could model. They felt the same way about Dallas, it was something that ran in their family's blood.

"Hey cousin!" Sade said excitedly as Dallas got up and almost tackled her into a hug. They hugged for a moment, before letting go.

"Hey Mani" Sade said, coming over to wrap Imani in her arms as well.

"Hey Sade. How you been?"

She sat down on the steps below them, leaning back and stretching her body out, before answering:

"Girl I've been good, out here living my life the best way I can." Imani nodded her head, humming again.

"So what y'all call me over here for? I was going to go look for Kentrell." Sade said as she twisted and turnt her hands looking at her pearl colored, ballerina-shaped nails. Imani didn't say anything as she spoke, but she casually got her phone out and sent a quick message to Kentrell just in case he was with her neighbor. Maybe it was wrong that she was helping Kentrell cheat to an extent, but he always slid her a few hundreds every once and a while and she'd be nuts not to do this one simple task.

"So you remember that time you basically catfished Kentrell into acting right?" Dallas asked as Sade nodded her head, a look of apprehension spreading across her face that no one noticed.

"I think I need to do that to Taurus. Imani told me that he was still talking to some dusty bitch in school, even after he told me that he wasn't." Dallas ranted, her anger growing again as she thought about the fact that Taurus was entertaining someone other than her.

"We can try. Do you have someone in mind?" As much as Sade wanted to stop Imani because Kentrell almost choked her until she passed out, she knew that Taurus was different and he put up with a lot more from Dallas than Kentrell would ever put with from her.

"I thought about doing a random girl off of Instagram, but then Zenobia popped up on my TL." Imani scoffed beside them and shook her head.

"Don't mess with that girl Dall, she don't bother nobody." Imani didn't talk to Zenobia very much, but they took AP Chemistry together and she was really sweet any time that Imani asked her something.

"Girl I do what I want." Sade rolled her eyes.

"Who's Zenobia?" Sade asked. While they all went to the same high school at one point, Sade never really paid attention to the underclassmen besides her cousin and Imani.

Dallas slipped her phone into Sade hand and Sade peered down at the picture.

"Is that her real hair?"

"Mhmmmm, it's like a cloud." Imani said looking at the picture of Zenobia. She thought the girl looked like a doll and it matched her personality to a tee.

"So are you going to give Taurus her number?" Sade asked, ignoring Imani's comment because she was kind of jealous of how this Zenobia girl looked.

"Yea, I already know that Taurus gonna get mad because he already said that she was ugly." Imani cut her eyes at Dallas, thinking back to the exact conversation that was had about Zenobia and she specifically remember Taurus not saying anything. One of those stupid ass niggas that he hung around said that Zenobia was ugly, but that was because she had curved him earlier that morning.

This wasn't going to end well for Dallas. It was kind of unfortunate how dumb her best friend was sometimes.

"Okay girl, so how you wanna do this?"

"Wellllll....."

━━━━━━━━

SADE sippingbigdumbbitchjuice PHIPPS