4| "UM, I'M NOT KORYN."

Taurus walked into the three bedroom home he shared with his mother and younger sister. It was almost eleven o'clock at night, so he knew they were both sleep. He quickly checked their rooms, making sure they were good before making his way to his room. He toed off his all white Forces and pulled off the black jean jacket he had on. The two simple gold chains he had on were placed on his night stand as he flopped down onto the side of his bed.

"Whew shit, I had a long day today." He mumbled to himself before he decided to get up and get in the shower.

He sat in the warm shower, not thinking about anything in particular until his mind wondered to the girl that he met earlier today. She was fine as hell, he could not lie. Sometimes he wanted to feel guilty about talking to other girls but Dallas was doing the same thing. She thought she was slick with it, but she really couldn't get shit passed him. The streets always talked, and he just so happened to always listen.

He washed the soap off his body and decided that he was going to text Koryn after he got out the shower. He just wanted to see what she was up to, maybe chill tomorrow or some shit. He stepped out the shower, dried off, and slipped on his night clothes.

The lights were off in his room and the tv played in the background as he got comfortable. His phone was in his hand and he scrolled through his contacts until he found Koryn' name.

Taurus
Wassup Koryn, this Taurus from earlier today

He sat and waited for a minute, until he saw the Read at 11:52 PM pop up on the screen. The three dots popped up, but then disappeared. He watched as they popped up again and they stayed there for a minute.

Koryn
Hey, um, I think whoever gave you this number gave you the wrong number.

Taurus
So you're not Koryn?

(762)598-3645
Noo, I'm sorry I'm not.

Taurus
My bad shordy, didn't mean to disturb you.

(762)598-3645
It's okay.

He wanted to be mad, but he figured that maybe Koryn had given him the wrong number on accident and had he felt a tiny amount of pressure he probably would've tried to figure out her number. He just locked his phone and went to sleep. He wouldn't worry about it any longer. If he saw her again he would ask about it.

He laid down on the bed, the air conditioner buzzed quietly in the house as he pulled the covers over him and closed his eyes.

...

Fifteen minutes away from Taurus's home, Zenobia sat in front of the mirror in her bathroom. She had just finished twisting her hair and she was tired. Natural hair took a lot of work but she loved her hair. Music played through her bathroom loudly, with her being the only one in the house she didn't have to worry about being mindful of people sleeping.

It was just her and her mom. Her mom was a physician assistant and worked the night shift Monday-Thursday. So for most of the week, she was by herself and that didn't really bother her. She liked being alone and being able to do what she wanted, which usually consisted of listening to music, painting, or watching movies.

She yawned loudly and stretched. Her hair care products were quickly put away and her bonnet placed on her head. She turned on her shower, letting the water warm up while she went downstairs to check the locks on the doors. After making sure the house was locked up and no one was in the other rooms, she grabbed her pajamas and walked back into the bathroom.

Her shower was quick and before she knew it, it was half-past midnight and she was tucked into her bed. A random show on Hulu played on her TV, lulling her to sleep.

That night,Taurus and Zenobia, did not dream. Within the next few weeks though, a romance comparable to Romeo and Juliet would ensue between the two.