5| ".. THE INCREDIBLE FUCKING HULK"

Zenobia stretched as she walked out of her bathroom. She slid on the black sports bra and black panties that were on her bed. She then put on the black high waisted leggings that sat at the foot of her bed and a gray cropped hoodie. Gold hoops dangled from her ears and a clear gloss lined her lips. She was fluffing her hair out when her bedroom door opened.

"Morning Zen" Zenobia's mother, Akira, spoke as she walked further into her daughter's room.

"Morning mommy. How was work?" Zenobia turned from the vanity mirror and looked at her mom.

"Longggggg! I'm so glad it's Friday. I don't have to move out the bed all weekend." Akira laid back on Zenobia's unmade bed. Zenobia laughed at her mom before walking over to her closet and grabbing her Top 3's out of her closet.

"I'm glad your gonna get some rest mama." She slipped her feet into shoes and then walked over to sit on the bed beside her mama.

"Me too, my precious." Akira sat them up, kissing her daughter's cheek before getting up.

"You got money for today?" Her mother question as she got off the bed and started walking towards her own room.

"Yea mama, I'm good."

"Okay baby have a good day!" Zenobia listened as her mom walked further down the hall and her mother's bedroom door clicked closed.

She grabbed her backpack and left out her room to leave for school. It was a slight chill in the air as she made her way to her car, quickly climbing in and starting it up. Before she could even make it down to the stop sign at the end of her street, her phone was ringing, indicating that her best friend, Cairo, was calling.

"Good morning asshole." Zenobia said as she answered the phone.

"Good morning lover, pick me up for school so I can be a productive black women in society please. Thank you, love you for life." Cairo quickly said as Zenobia listened to her ruffling around with something in the background.

"Yea I'm already on the way." Zenobia said as she hung up the phone before Cairo could say anything.

She hit a quick right in her car and made the two miles to Cairo's house. As she pulled up, her best friend stood on her porch with her bag in hand, face stuck in her phone. She blew the horn as she pulled into the driveway.

"Look at this shit." Cairo said as she got in the passenger seat, pushing her phone into Zenobia's face. Zen watched the screen as some girl at their school was getting jumped and noticed that the story was only posted ten minutes ago.

"It's too early in the damn morning for bitches to be out fighting. Like girl, did you really wake up with this much anger on your heart." Zenobia said as she shook her head.

"Chile, I wonda what they were fightin' bout?" Cairo said absentmindedly as she continued to scroll on her phone as Zenobia drove them to school.

"Probably over your cousin, Bryson." Zenobia said knowing that Bryson had bitches fighting over him on a regular basis.

"Bitch! How you knew?" Cairo laughed out, going on one of the girl's pages seeing a picture of her and Bryson stamped with "come get him black in blood 🩸" posted ten hours ago.

"I'm surprised that man's dick ain't fell off yet." Zen said laughing as she turned into the school's parking lot.

"Girl I'm surprised he ain't had a baby yet, but who knows he just might." Cairo stated.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he did." Zenobia said as she put her car in park and unhooked her seatbelt.

She pulled down her mirror, fluffing her hair one more time before grabbing her bag out of the back.

"Girl you look cute today." She said as she saw Cairo get out of the car. Her friend wore a gray sweatpants with jersey number patches on the left leg with a long sleeve white shirt and a pair of crisp white forces.

"Thanks lover! It ain't easy to stunt on hoes, but I do as I should."

"What hoes you stunt on?" A familiar voice called from behind the car.

"The hoes that was fighting over you this morning." Cairo called out to her cousin, Bryson. Zenobia laughed as she got out the car. She dusted her leggings off, pulling them up.

"What you doing with allat assssssss Zenobia girl?!?" Bryson said as he smacked Zenobia on her ass.

"Bryson if you touch me again, we gone be the next motherfuckers fighting this morning." Zenobia said as she flipped Bryson off.

"Why you acting like that wife? You know I love you girl. I'll leave all these ugly ass hoes alone for you bae. Me and you against the world." He said grabbing Zenobia's hand and pulling her into his chest. She rolled her eyes and tried to pull away from him, but he wouldn't let her.

"Bryson let her go!! We gotta go to class! The bell is about to ring!" Cairo said as she walked around the car and started to pull on Bryson's arm.

"Egypt if you don't leave me and the future mother of my children alone! I'm sorry if nobody loves you the way I love Zenobia, but that's not my fuckin' problem." Bryson said, mushing Cairo in her forehead.

"Now what if I was suicidal? What if that was my last straw?" Cairo said as she punched Bryson in his arm, which caused him to let go Zenobia and grab his arm. He groaned, as a mug began to form on his face.

"Yo big strong ass ain't gonna fuckin kill yo self. You lucky I don't hit women because I'd lay yo ass out right now if I did. Bye wife, I'll see you and the Incredible fucking Hulk later." Bryson said as he pushed past Cairo and started walking towards the school.

Zenobia laughed as she clicked the button on her keys, locking her car. This was a regular occurrence between the two cousins.

"Girl come on!" Zenobia said as she started walking to the school, Cairo falling in step with her.

━━━━━━━━

CAIRO whatifthatwasmylaststraw YOUNG